• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Rom 13:1-3

clark thompson

Advanced Poster
Romans 13:1-3
KJV(i) 1 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God. 2 Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation. 3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:
JuliaSmith(i) 1 Let every soul be placed under the protecting powers. For there is no power except from God: and the powers being, were ordered by God. 2 So he opposing the power, has resisted the arrangement of God: and they having resisted shall receive to themselves judgment. 3 For rulers are not the terror of good works, but of evil. And wilt thou not fear the power do good, and thou shalt have approbation of it:

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

1 We should and will always answer to someone. God has allowed all powers to be n power even if they are against God they are part of His plan. God used evil nations to punish His people but when it came to time His people to go free these nations were punished for there ways. Even nations will have to answer to God. No nation that is against God will remain.

2 We should follow the rules of the nations just as long as they do not go against God’s will. It was illegal for Daniel to pray but it was God’s will so while Daniel had to answer or praying before men, He stood innocent before God. We should not try to defy God but should also try to live by the law of the land.

3 Nations are often corrupt and they will answer for this. We should do good and try to live in a way that shows we are living good which only happens by following the laws of the land as well but His laws come first.

Back