• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Rom 12:20-21

clark thompson

Advanced Poster
Romans 12:20-21
KJV(i) 20 Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head. 21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.
JuliaSmith(i) 20 If therefore thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for doing this, thou shalt heap up-coals of fire on his head. 21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.
These are my thoughts, please share yours.
20 We should help those who are in need even if they are against us. The thing that would make our enemies the maddest and get in their mind the most would be helping them; this would be harder for them to forget and could be a seed planted from them to come to faith. We should not try to make those who are against angry but we need to follow God and if they get angry at us from this, then so be it.
21 It is harder to not take revenge on those who treat us wrong but this is exactly what we are to do. Doing evil for evil does not do nothing but start a feud. Doing good for those who do evil shows Christ because He first did this and by doing so showed good defeats evil in the end.

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
We live in a world where people only look to themselves. They want... for themselves.

Even in helping others it is usually done for self.