• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Rom 12:17-19

clark thompson

Advanced Poster
Romans 12:17-19
KJV(i)17 Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men. 18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men. 19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.
JuliaSmith(i)17 Giving hack evil for evil to none. Providing good things before all men. 18 If possible of you, living peaceably with all men. 19 Avenging not yourselves, beloved, but give ye place to anger: for it has been written, Vengeance to me; I will repay, says the Lord.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

17 Two wrongs do not make a right. Evil after evil leads to feuds like the Hayfields and McCoys. Christ did good to those hated Him even while being arrested He healed a man’s ear who helping arrest Him. We should live honestly and not try to cause trouble but do good and live in a way that people know they can rely on us at our word. We should not take of evil because He will take care of evil, if we try than we are taking away from His duty and missing out on ours.

18 We should try to live peacefully with men, if we can. People will hate us though because of our faith. Jesus was hated and thru it He took a stand for the truth. Those that hate us we should show love. To show love is to tell people that they will go to hell without Christ being their Lord.

19 Vengeance is the Lord’s and not for us to take, this is hard but so important. By not trying to avenge ourselves, we show people we are different and reflect Him in doing so. God will punish any sin that is not under the Blood of Jesus, if they come to God than they are better than they were. We should forgive them because Christ forgave us.