• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Rom 12:14-16

clark thompson

Advanced Poster
Romans 12:14-16
KJV(i)14 Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not. 15 Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep. 16 Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits.
JuliaSmith(i)14 Praise them driving you out: praise ye, and curse not. 15 To rejoice with the rejoicing, and weep with the weeping. 16 Thinking the same towards one another. Not thinking high things but being led by humble things. Be not wise with yourselves.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.
14 We are to bless people, this is what Christ did and He expects us to do it as well. It is not always easy to do but it shows Christ to those who show hate. God will judge we are not to do so but we are to forgive as we were forgiven. We should not curse anyone because this does not show the love of Christ and we are not to show His wrath because this is just for Him to do.
15 We should relate to people this will bring comfort and also could open a door to share the gospel, it will also show we care about them. It is often said a good mood r bad mood spreads but this is not saying we should get in a bad mood because of them but says we should be sad with them. We should be happy for good news of others.
16 We are not to be wise of ourselves but be wise through Him. He will lead us if we allow Him. We will know what we need to do when we need to do it if we stay close to Him by praying reading the word and doing what He leads, this brings us close to Him and allows us to be close to Him.