• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Rom 11:9-12

clark thompson

Advanced Poster
Romans 11:9-12
KJV(i)9 And David saith, Let their table be made a snare, and a trap, and a stumblingblock, and a recompence unto them: 10 Let their eyes be darkened, that they may not see, and bow down their back alway. 11 I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy. 12 Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness?
JuliaSmith(i)9 And David says, Let their table be for a snare, and for booty, and for a stumblingblock, and for a retribution to them: 10 Let their eyes be darkened not to see, and let them bend their back always. 11 I say then, Did they stumble that they might fall? It may not be: but by their fall salvation to the nations, to make them jealous. 12 And if their fall the riches of the world, and their disaster the riches of the nations; how much more their fulness?

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

9 People who are doing well often will not turn to God simply because they do not see a need for them to turn to Him. It sometimes works in the way it should they see all they have been given and thank the Lord and give their selves to Him. Many however are like the rich young ruler and walk away because they do not want to give up things to serve the Lord but in truth all we would have to give up is things we don’t need or do in the first place. The Jews thought because they were blessed they did not need anything more, than thought they still were blessed but they did not see the Lord Jesus as the blessing to the world that He truly was.

10 When we accept the Lord a huge burden is lifted and carried by Him for us. The people who stand in the darkness of their sins have to bear their burdens without Him leading them thru them, this is to show them they need Him but, many will not accept His leadership and Lordship but struggle thru their life without any true hope.

11 The Jews rejected Him and because of their rejection we Gentiles can receive Him as Lord. The Jews seeing the blessings of the Lord on the Gentiles were jealous but this turned most of them further away but could have easily lead many to the Lord.

12 Their will come a time when Jews start to see Jesus as Christ. At this time their has been a growth in Jews who believe Jesus is Christ but they do not let go of their traditions and are still living as if they are bound by the law instead of seeing that Christ made us free from up and not to break it but to do more than keep laws. When the Jews turn to the Lord those that first followed Him will be blessed even more.

Back