• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Rom 11:17-20

clark thompson

Advanced Poster
Romans 11:17-20
KJV(i)17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree; 18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee. 19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in. 20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
JuliaSmith(i)17 And if certain of the young shoots were broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert grafted in them, and wert a partaker of the root and fatness of the olive tree; 18 Act not proudly to the young shoots. And if thou boastest, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee. 19 Thou wilt say then, That the young shoots were broken off, that I might be grafted in. 20 Well; for unbelief were they broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but do thou fear:

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

17 Branches being broken off can be people passing away but more likely people falling away. We need to live fully connected to the tree. Jesus is our tree we should be attached to. The Gentiles were not originally had excess to salvation without coming to the Jewish faith. Gentiles no longer had to become Jewish first even though there were many pushing for them to still live by the law.

18 We are not to boast of what we do or even about what others do, this is not referring to letting people know they are doing a good job but more of bragging about someone or ones self. We are nothing with out Him. We are able to do things because He first saved us and because He now allows us to do these things.

19 Yes, we who are saved are better off but it is not by there doing it is by them receiving grace and mercy given from the Lord. There is enough room for all to come to Christ but not all will, many reject Jesus as Lord and die in their sins. It has been said that heaven is big enough to hold all man because God made room for everyone but, this is just a statement but it does make you think.

20 Everyone is connected to the branch when they are born and when the die without Him they are broken off and go to everlasting darkness. We should not be proud but be respectful and humble, and live in a way that brings praise not us or others but brings praise to Him.