• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Rom 11:1-5

clark thompson

Advanced Poster
Romans 11:1-5
KJV(i)1 I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin. 2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel saying, 3 Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life. 4 But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal. 5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.
JuliaSmith(i)1 I say then, Has God rejected his people It may not be. For I also am an Israelite, of Abraham's seed, of the tribe of Benjamin. 2 God has not rejected his people whom he foreknew. Or know ye not in Elias, what says the writing? how he addresses God against Israel, saying, 3 Lord, thy prophets have they killed, and dug down thine altars; and I alone was left, and they seek my soul. 4 But what say to him the intimations of divine will I have left to myself seven thousand men, who bent not the knee to Baal. 5 So then also in the time now has been a remnant according to the election of grace.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.
1 God gave His people chance after chance and while Christ was accepted by the Gentiles the Jews can also accept Him as Lord and deny there pride of tradition and serve the Lord out of love instead of obligation. The first disciples were all Jewish. Paul, Peter, John, James, Matthew were all Jewish. The majority of the New Testament was written by Jesus the only books that may not have been were Mark and Luke, who both may have been Jewish as well but by convert and not by birth. Benjamin was the smallest tribe of Israel and Benjamin was Jacob’s youngest son. King Saul was from this tribe and the apostle may have gotten his birth name from king Saul.
2 There are some of them who were Jewish converts so many that they had influence to make, for a time Gentiles to become Jewish before they became Christian, Paul by God’s aid fixes this problem. Jesus was Jewish and lived the perfect Jewish life. Elijah was a prophet at the time Israel had turned to worship baal. God was a time the God of the Jews, men had to convert to the Jewish faith to have Him as Lord but thru Christ we are all able to cry out to the Lord.
3 The chosen people of God looked to destroy the faith that set them apart. The word is often not listened to by many who don’t want to change their lives and don’t want to accept that the things they are doing is sin. Those of Jewish birth wanted and lead Jesus to His trial for death, even though it was His will.
4 Elijah could talk to God and receive answers back, we as believers can receive answers by God in ways today. There are a small number who still serve the Lord. There are many today that do not serve Jesus but there are still those that do and they will be effective as He leads.
5 There are still some who are descendents of Israel who serve the Lord; they may not know they are Jewish or they may know and choose Jesus over their traditions.