• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Rom 10:19-21

clark thompson

Advanced Poster
Romans 10:19-21
KJV(i)19 But I say, Did not Israel know? First Moses saith, I will provoke you to jealousy by them that are no people, and by a foolish nation I will anger you. 20 But Esaias is very bold, and saith, I was found of them that sought me not; I was made manifest unto them that asked not after me. 21 But to Israel he saith, All day long I have stretched forth my hands unto a disobedient and gainsaying people.
JuliaSmith(i)19 But I say, Did not Israel know? First Moses says, I will make you jealous of not a nation, and by a shortsighted nation will I anger you. 20 And Esaias is very confident, and says, I was found of them not seeking me; I was manifested to them not asking for me. 21 And to Israel he says, The whole day have I unfolded my hands to an unbelieving and contradicting people.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

19 Israel had the word from the time of Moses and had God looking out for them. Jesus went to the Gentiles and this upset the Jewish Pharisees. The Jews did not accept the truth and those that did carried the truth to the rest of the world. Jesus is not exclusive to the Jews.

20 The Gentile nations never looked for Jesus to come but after He came they came from areas to see Him. People from Rome and from the east, people who were poor and low class and people that were of high class and wealthy all came to Jesus.

21 The Jewish were told over and over to turn back to the Lord and only a few received and accept and follow the message. Even fewer never stopped serving the Lord. When Jesus came it was no different the Jews that genuinely served God saw Jesus for who He was but the majority saw Him as someone who brought change to their way of life and they did not like change and wanted to serve they way they wanted to and not they way God wanted them to serve.

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
Contrary to what many try to claim today, knowledge does not equal wisdom.

The Jews, knowing God intimately for many generations, the continually turned their back on him. The Gentiles, operating under the Law of Conscience and listening to the Holy Spirit, and angels, as warranted, sought him out.

We see it today in the 7th Church Age. So much knowledge of God, yet so lukewarm and self indulgent.