• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Rom 10:16-18

clark thompson

Advanced Poster
Romans 10:16-18
KJV(i)16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report? 17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. 18 But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world.
JuliaSmith(i)16 But not all listened to the good news. For Esaias says, Lord, who believed our report? 17 Therefore faith, from the report, and report by the word of God. 18 But I say, Have they not heard? Surely, in all the earth went out their sound, and their words to the end of the habitable globe.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.
16 There are many who will hear the gospel and reject it and others who hear the gospel and accept the parts they like but do not live by the scriptures as a whole. And they will be those who do not have the strength to overcome their struggles and they need others to come along side them to help them thru their struggles. The gospel continues with the believers but is about Christ thru and thru. More will reject the gospel than those that will accept it. There will be those who do not see the need for Jesus or view being a Christian as a religious experience instead of a divine relationship.
17 Faith comes thru hearing the word and then by receiving the Word. Faith is by God’s grace given to those who will receive the truth. A person can hear the truth but without faith it will just be words to them instead of being the word and truth. Not all truth is contained in the bible but the divine truths are contained in the bible.
18 Those do not hear the word, may have a greater excuse but those who have heard the truth and rejected the truth have no excuse when then stand at the judgment. The word is to be carried out even though many will reject the truth. Some people view sharing the gospel as something that will be done because those the Lord chooses, He will bring into His fold but, this teaching is faulty because while that may be true the Lord has called the believers to serve Him and one things He seeks is the believers fulfilling the Great Commission by the Spirit leading.