• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Rom 10:1-4

clark thompson

Advanced Poster
Romans 10:1-4
KJV(i)1 Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved. 2 For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge. 3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God. 4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.
JuliaSmith(i)1 Brethren, truly my heart's delight and prayer to God for Israel is for salvation. 2 For I testify for them that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge. 3 For not knowing the justice of God, and seeking to establish their own justice, they have not been subjected to the justice of God. 4 For Christ the end of the law for justice to every one believing.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

1 Even though Paul preached and taught the Gentiles, he still had concern for the Jews. Paul was a Jew by birth and spent the first part of his life as Saul a Jew. We as believers should pray for those who reject Jesus even of we are not called to go to them. The Jews had the truth since Moses and had scripture to allow them to see the truth but they were blinded from the truth. The Gentile was not so blessed but some did turn away from their up bringing to follow the Lord.

2 The Jews at this time choose traditions over the Lord. Many of the Gentiles Paul went to choose their pagan traditions over the truth and the Lord as well but, many choose the Lord over their traditions. For many they would have to die for the Lord and many more would be rejected by their families and friends because of their faith but Jesus never rejected them even for those who reject Him. Jesus remained with those of the faith until they rejoined him on the other side.

3 The Jews were too focused on keeping the law that did not see that they fell short of the law. What they needed to know is what Paul taught; we can not keep the law so we need grace. Jesus came to bring this grace.

4 Christ fulfilled the law so; we do not have to fulfill the law ourselves, this would be impossible for us to do so. He can do the impossible and thru Him we can as well as long as it is His will. Jesus is our righteousness. We are not righteous without Him. Jesus was alone the righteous one and that are referred to as righteous are because of their faith and grace that would come from Jesus dying for our sins. Men like David and Jacob were saved by faith and the later grace that would come when he died for the sins of the world.