• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Reinvigorating CTZ

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
With changes on the horizon to our country I have one question; what can we do to get people talking about God and the Bible again?

roman8

Advanced Poster
Im not sure we can do anything. I guess we Christians are too silent. Perhaps it will take persecution of Christians in North America to shake things up, that seems to be when the church grows the most.

CTZonEdit

Site Administrator
Staff member
Unless Trump/Pence are more open and more vocal about Religious rights, and the foundation of our nation's Christian rights I don't see it happening.

We were shouted at, and shouted down for 8 years for being Christians.
Cant talk about God in the public square or in public schools without being labeled.
TV, news orgs, social media, movies, books, commercials, radio, music, sports never promote traditional or conservative values.
There is no large media outlet for a Christian worldview since we gave them up decades ago to more aggressive, progressive, liberal agendas.

We spoke on Nov.8th with the only voice we had left and you see the reaction to that.

I don't see it getting any better, maybe a short reprieve until things get settled in the White House but I expect more of the same or worse.

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
On Facebook in some political groups a few of us spoke out.

I posted verses in direct opposition to what's some said.

Yes, I was attacked.

But then, others started to defending what I said and added their own verses and statements.

There were a lot of conversations on what the bible says and does not say.

But it was worth it. Now more people are willing to speak out.

My point is we cannot be afraid to speak out. We cannot be afraid to try.

If we can use seat easy in that effort, we should.

CTZonEdit

Site Administrator
Staff member
http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-12811197

Religion may become extinct in nine nations, study says

The result, reported at the American Physical Society meeting in Dallas, US, indicates that religion will all but die out altogether in those countries.

The team took census data stretching back as far as a century from countries in which the census queried religious affiliation: Australia, Austria, Canada, the Czech Republic, Finland, Ireland, the Netherlands, New Zealand and Switzerland.

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
Looking at those countries listed, I see the commonality of Catholicism and some other groups that have abandoned the Bible.

They have no foundation in God. They don't think. They don't question. They just believe what they're told the believe.

For the leadership it is all about numbers, power and money.

To them personal satisfaction is all.

It is hollow and empty.

Accept all. Reject the concept of absolutes and sin.

Schools have been taken over to indoctrinate from an early age.

The stage has been set for the anti Christ and tribulations. We are in the great apostasy.

Mickeylittle

Am I the salt and the light that Jesus has called me to be? I don't mean phony bologna where I'm too heavenly minded to be any earthly good. But I mean being a Christian who even though still has bills, sickness, and problems, doesn't waver in his faith. One who doesn't whine and complain when bad things happen. When people start seeing us live out our faith in Christ faithfully then we may see and hear them talking about God as well as His wonderful Word once again!

Matthias

Advanced Poster
Conversely, posting less conveys the notion to readers that the forum is, for all practical purposes, dead.

With nothing (or very little) to see here, they’ll move on.

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member

1 do not refute cults.

2. part of 1.

3. part of 1.

4. they ban and censor.

and so on.