1. We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.
    Dismiss Notice

Proverbs 31

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by roman8, Mar 9, 2016.

1. roman8

roman8 Advanced Poster

I attened a new church while we were away in Florida, it was a huge blessing to me. On Wed evenings he was going line by line through Proverbs. We werethere for 4 weeks . He was going through proverbs 31. The things he pulled out of there caused me to meditate alot on this proverb. Now I hope Im not preaching here , but as I have been thinking on this I realized that alot of this applys to the church as a whole. God put in there what a virtuous womans character would be like. We being the bride of Christ means that God says that this is how my bride should be. It really made me think that young women looking for a husband should also look for many of these traits in a future husband.
    trustworthy, doing the Lord good all the days of our lives, hardvworking, good and diligent in business. Stretching out their arms to the poor, a good name, wise and the Law of kindness should be in his mouth. And fear the Lord.

I hope Im not reading to much into this , just my thoughts and wanted to share them.

2. roman8

roman8 Advanced Poster

Also, I wanted to share something he pulled out that maybe ya'll (im saying ya'll now I was in the south for a month) have seen this already, but it really struck me. In verse26 it says " in her tongue is the LAW of kindness" meaning to her it was a Law! Something that was not to be broken regardless of her feelings or circumstances, but that was the only way for her to be. I loved that and am praying the Lord helps me in this area of character.

3. CoreIssue

CoreIssue Administrator Staff Member

It is a good chapter.

I still believe, personally, the NIV conveys the meaning in a more accurate way for the English of today. As with verse 26: