1. We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.
    Dismiss Notice

poetry

Discussion in 'Creative, Hobby and Skills Forum' started by City, Jul 31, 2007.

1. City

City Pro Poster

The Measure of the Treasure

How is treasure measured
    by our hearts or by our pleasure
    by our thoughts or by mans pressure

Treasure that is pure
    something to endure
    something thats secure

Treasure for the rich or for the poor
    seeing its never enough as man wants more
    treasure is Gods word waiting to explore

Treasure is not found in gold
    it's not something to physically hold
    it's not something you find in a money fold

Treasure is written in a book
    for all to see and look
    when you start you will be hooked

Treasure is Gods grace
    knowing your place
    knowing you won't be erased

Treasure is peace understood
    living His word is good
    living His word is what we should

Treasure is for all
    the big and the small
    the joy of knowing you won't fall

You see so many with treasures of money
    No peace or joy they are always running

Pick up the bible and you will find the true Treasure
    The one of a mans pleasure and peaceful measure

2. Jessie

Jessie Pro Poster

did you write this?

thats good!

3. InTheWind

InTheWind Pro Poster

Very nice. :):

4. City

City Pro Poster

Yeah. Just a way to express. My older way of poetry was depressing so I am trying to switch it up which is really hard! Its been about 5+ years since I've written anything. My husband and others always say there not in uniformed or words I put don't rhyme but I just figure poetry is from the heart and not in any specific format. Kinda like art. When rules apply it takes away the heart of it. Anyone else here write poetry?

5. City

City Pro Poster

Eh! Not that good. It will take time for me to practice and have the switch from my old focus of what life is about to my new focus of what life is about. Maybe better will come later...

6. City

City Pro Poster

The Mission Trip

In a land far away across seas
    Or a land you call home
    Give what will please
    Give what is unknown

Give them some bread
    Give them some drink
    Stomachs well fed
    Time to read whats in red and black ink

They listen so close to your words
    Through you God is speaking
    Something maybe they have never heard
    Forgiveness and joy start leaking

Into their ears they do listen
    Their appetites are now satisfied
    They have become a Christian
    They now understand why Jesus died
    We have now completed our mission

7. kay-gee

kay-gee Banned

Quite profound!

all the best...

8. City

City Pro Poster

Really? Thank-x! :hug:

9. City

City Pro Poster

Leaving Our Comfort Zone

God knows His sheep and shouts
    His sheep listen and learn His Way
    He now asks His sheep to venture out
    They reply "You want us to go today?
    You want us to help lost sheep learn about?
    We aren't strong enough to go alone let us pray
    These lost sheep you speak of are stubborn and no amount
    of talking will bring them out of their decay.
    They are hardened and they have chosen their route.
    What are we to do and what part do we play?"
    God replies "Haven't you learned what happens with drought?
    The tree can't produce fruit with water in delay.
    Give them My Word and Truth I am with you as you travel throughout.
    I will give you what you need to quench my lost sheep I say.
    If you love my Son you can count
    You can count on the strong foundation I lay."
    They reply " Please God forgive our doubt
    for we are afraid to travel far from the bay.
    Out into the sea we will go about
    and help your lost sheep as you mold their hearts like clay."

(hard to find words for rhyming in this one after awhile)!

10. City

City Pro Poster

Don't Just Talk It Live It

Don't just talk about what you've heard.
    Read, understand and live His Word.

Don't be shy to talk about your change.
    Talk with joy as God took your old ways and rearranged.

Rearranged your life with His light.
    Took your darkness away and gave you sight.

He gives you grace, joy and peace.
    No more fear, true life is now released.

When others laugh, mock and test your faith.
    Smile because you are a child of God and are safe.

Safe from the darkness they all dwell.
    We know their destination is into the pit of hell.

Gnashing teeth, screams and cries.
    Thats what will happen to them if they listen to Satan's lies.

So live Gods Word to the fullest extent.
    Don't be deceived and always repent.

:( my poetry is always too simple but I like to write it anyway!

11. City

City Pro Poster

(not a poem, just some current thoughts)

Gods Family

Being a part of Gods family is very peaceful, yet intense. Knowing that you are His child and a relation to Jesus. Having others surround you that won't desert you. Having others that build you up and help hold you when you are weak and can't walk. Having others know the accusations that fly at you and the curses that try to defeat you. Knowing that your family is the strongest and will never fall apart. Others that help look out for you in your time of need and help comfort you when you can't seem to find any. Brothers and sisters to laugh with and be with. Family to help you see the wrong in things that may arise and out of love show you where you can improve. Ones that help look out for you so you may not go astray and get eaten alive. Others that are obedient to each other and their Father. Ones that give it their all no matter how hard the obstacle's may seem. A Brother named Jesus that knows your pain and suffered for you. A Brother that looks for the lost; instead of casting them out; and nurtures our hunger and thirst.

God who gives us life and breath to breathe it. God who gives us a guide and with it His wisdom to help protect us from deceivers. God who gives us pain to keep us safe. God who loves us so we may love. God who strengthens us with faith. God who gives us what we need so we no longer have to worry. God who has mercy, patience and grace always, especially when everyone else leaves. God that won't give up you even if you have given up on yourself. God that will never abandon us. A Father that gave us His only Son so we may be saved. A relationship and a family with so much energy that could move mountains relying on faith in God alone! The True One that we may trust with everything and never have second thoughts. With Jesus nothing is impossible. Being a part of this family is the one way to know what family is about. After all, God made family. Who better to have family with than the One that created it! :):

12. CoreIssue

CoreIssue Administrator Staff Member

13. Jessie

Jessie Pro Poster

good thoughts!

14. City

City Pro Poster

I don't know why but I thought I would share this. I was going through a lot of my old poetry and I tell you what; I have sure changed. So many comments from my teachers about the analogies of what I wrote. I remember I had this counselor who loved what I wrote. Now that it has been years and I look at it, it seems like a different person. The things I wrote is like looking into ones eyes that is a little psychotic. Not a very pleasant site at all. I can't believe these things I wrote didn't sound the alarm to anyone that maybe I needed help. The things I was going through at that time were not good at all and very scary and mind sickening and you can see it just by reading what I wrote. I tell you what, I threw 98% of it in the trash. I don't want anyone to read these things and think of me because that is no longer me. Also brings back a lot of bad memories. I have more to go through but it is weird. It is also weird how I mentioned things a lot like for example fruit and what I referred it to. I never read the bible than, but I was talking about pure fruit and such. Just really weird and a creepy mind set I used to have. I was really low.

15. kay-gee

kay-gee Banned

But you never know, it might make good music. You should try your hand at song writing.
    all the best...

16. City

City Pro Poster

That would be relaxing and something I would find interest in. I found a couple maybe that I can share that are o.k. but not anything I want to keep in fact I threw them all away ( I had to change some stuff to make them more appropriate and positive and not so hopeless). I wrote these when I was around 16 years. This is not poetry about Christianity just poetry in general.

Hearing soft spoken whispers over hard learned winds,
    You think not of lesson's learned,
    But proceed to repeat over the same mistake from the last storm.
    -me

Some good things in my life may be unseen so I will let you see what I saw and now see. Some unexplained but I'm here to make it more confusing. People stare out of loneliness wanting to be excepted in a world of known. Being expressive and not expressing in the same how. Many just let what you want to know, be known, while you never even knew them.
    -me

Someone

The poem wrote his heart
    Love and tears found flowing
    Desire for a soft host
    He memorized thin crinkly pages
    As he reads before me
    Granted the beginning
    Someone he was

-me

The 5 senses

Touch is a sense we all think we know well. We jerk our finger away from a burn of a flame, but the flame within is a touch we should all proceed. To not jerk away from each other because we are afraid of getting burned. For all we know the flame is out.

The ear is a sense well known. We hear whats around us and block or refuse to listen what's inside of us.

Eyes are of truth even to the blind. We see the coming but see past the truth of it all.

Smell the flowers covering up the rotten tree. Smell the troubles that come with lies.

We can all taste in our mouth. Taste the salt, sugar, and spice of life upon our tongues.

These are the five senses, we must learn to use them properally.

-me

17. City

City Pro Poster

I spilled a little coffee on my bible. I was thinking and I think it's more than a drip of coffee on my bible. To me it symbolizes my sloppiness in the way I present myself to the Lord. A call for self evaluation is in place. Self evaluation, in my opinion, should be done every day, especially at the end when I reflect on my day and see where my ways were pleasing and where they were not pleasing to God.

18. kay-gee

kay-gee Banned

Have no fear a.baker, you obviously have it down. The rest of us should take some inspiration from your hands on practical approach.

I think the coffee stain adds character to the bible. It is representative of the hours poured over its pages, digesting its precepts and principles.

all the best...

19. City

City Pro Poster

Didn't think of it that way thank x Kaygee!

20. CoreIssue

CoreIssue Administrator Staff Member

Yea. My first Bible was falling apart when I replaced it.

I have seen old timers with Bibles having rubber bands around them to keep them together. All kinds of stains.