• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Philadelphia temple bills itself as region's 'first weed church'

CTZonEdit

Site Administrator
Staff member

A temple in Philadelphia is billing itself as the region's first "weed church." The Philadelphia Temple of Hemp and Cannabis serves as a gift shop as well as a sanctuary and lounge for medical marijuana patients.

“It’s not your normal church,” Patrick Duff, the co-owner and high priest of the Philadelphia Temple of Hemp and Cannabis, told Philly.com. "In fact, it’s licensed as a gift shop. We pay taxes. But the reason we opened is that there was nobody providing a space for marijuana patients to come together and take their medicines socially.”

How is this any different than a crack or heroin den? Oh I forgot its "harmless" according to those addicted to the stuff.

There is no reason to legalize marijuana use. None.

Arguments about it being safer than alcohol use are ridiculous.

CTZonEdit

Site Administrator
Staff member

A sampling of Bible verses related to drunkenness and sobriety:

Ephesians 5:18 — “And do not get drunk with wine, for that is debauchery, but be filled with the Spirit, . . .”
Galatians 5:21 — “Envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.”
1 Peter 5:8 — “Be sober-minded; be watchful.”
1 Corinthians 6:10 — “Nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.”
Proverbs 23:20-21 — “Be not among drunkards or among gluttonous eaters of meat, for the drunkard and the glutton will come to poverty, and slumber will clothe them with rags.”
Proverbs 23:29-35 — “Who has woe? Who has sorrow? Who has strife? Who has complaining? Who has wounds without cause? Who has redness of eyes? Those who tarry long over wine; those who go to try mixed wine. Do not look at wine when it is red, when it sparkles in the cup and goes down smoothly. In the end it bites like a serpent and stings like an adder. Your eyes will see strange things, and your heart utter perverse things.”
Isaiah 5:11 — “Woe to those who rise early in the morning, that they may run after strong drink, who tarry late into the evening as wine inflames them!”
Hosea 4:11 — “Whoredom, wine, and new wine, which take away the understanding.”
1 Corinthians 5:11 — “But now I am writing to you not to associate with anyone who bears the name of brother if he is guilty of sexual immorality or greed, or is an idolater, reviler, drunkard, or swindler—not even to eat with such a one.”
Isaiah 28:7 — “These also reel with wine and stagger with strong drink; the priest and the prophet reel with strong drink, they are swallowed by wine, they stagger with strong drink, they reel in vision, they stumble in giving judgment.”
Matthew 24:48-49 — “But if that wicked servant says to himself, ‘My master is delayed,’ and begins to beat his fellow servants and eats and drinks with drunkards . . .”

CTZonEdit

Site Administrator
Staff member
Another push back is what about the medicinal benefits?

OK. Any other controlled medication for medicinal usage require a doctor's prescription and a pharmaceutical distribution.

Notice you can't get pot at your local CVS and no respectable doctor would prescribe it. Hmmm wonder why?

Because the reality is that the marijuana advocates want to circumvent the system (and have and continue to do so) to support their drug habits.

CTZonEdit

Site Administrator
Staff member

More skirting of the law. Opens up even more abuse.

Again, if this was really proven and accepted practice in the medical community then you would be able to get this from any local pharmacy.