1. We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.
    Dismiss Notice

Motor Cycle pics

Discussion in 'Creative, Hobby and Skills Forum' started by InTheWind, Dec 9, 2009.

1. InTheWind

InTheWind Pro Poster

Post pics of your bikes.
    The first two pics are taken from old pics so they`er not very good, the first one is a 72 sportster that I bought wrecked and stock in the service and chopped it.
    Thext one is a 73 ShovelHead that I rode for 18 years.
    Third one is a 02 Indian Chief I bought new.
    Forth is my current bike an 01 RoadGlide that just turned over 61,000 niles.
    I`ve owned many other bikes from Honda`s , BMW`s, Dirt Bikes and scooters.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Willy

Willy Pro Poster

... most excellent ... you went back to Harley from Indian? ... both good looking bikes but I sure like the look of the Indian. :tiphat:

3. InTheWind

InTheWind Pro Poster

Thanks Willy, the Indian was a great looking bike but lots of problems and that`s why I sold it.
    Traded a 97 Honda GoldWing that I converted to a trike (motor trike) , nice ride also.
    Lets see your ride.

4. City

City Pro Poster

My mom and dad have always had Goldwings. They have had some adventures going down the mountain in Colorado in a snow/ice storm, hitting a deer and recking one of their bikes and all sorts of vacations.

I drove one once when I was 16yrs. my dad with me. It was the scariest thing, the balancing is different then a bicycle! I like to ride, not drive and all the mechanics were too confusing to me.

5. InTheWind

InTheWind Pro Poster

Cool your a biker lady. :D
    Glad ya had a chance to ride :nod:

6. Jessie

Jessie Pro Poster

good taste ITW!

7. InTheWind

InTheWind Pro Poster

Thanks, Willy did ya notice the alternator on the sporty, top picture. That pic was taken in LA in 79, rode that bike across the country three times and wanted it dependable, the stock generators were trouble.

8. xhacker

xhacker Advanced Poster

Mine hasnt got quite so much horse power, (infact only one girl power), but is quite good off road - though Easy Rider would look better with your bike than mine!

Attached Files:

• g2.jpg
      g2.jpg
      File size:
      61.4 KB
      Views:
  9. InTheWind

InTheWind Pro Poster

In the snow too that must of been exciting :nod: we have those pedal power bikes too:D

10. xhacker

xhacker Advanced Poster

We dont often get snow here, so it was great fun - if a bit chilly:eek:!! I had a ride on the back of Harley once - great fun though unbelievably loud!!

11. InTheWind

InTheWind Pro Poster

Remember the band The Monkeys, they had these bikes with skies on them and rode them down a hill. Hey hey hey we are the Monkeys !!!!!!!!
    Yep loud was good, :D but mine has quieted down as I got older. Though my plan one of these days is to sell the dresser in the last picture and get another old school chopper like the first picture. :nod:

12. xhacker

xhacker Advanced Poster

Skies on bikes sound fun until you need to brake!;)

What are those choppers like to ride, it looks fairly uncomfortable!

13. InTheWind

InTheWind Pro Poster

Very comfortable and handle better than a stock bike IMO, rigid frame ones would be a little hard on older kidneys though. :swoon:

STOP !!!!!! who wanted to stop :yowza:

14. City

City Pro Poster

Why are certain handle bar styles illegal?

15. InTheWind

InTheWind Pro Poster

It varies by state, just like helmet laws some states like to tell you what`s safe for you. :(

16. Willy

Willy Pro Poster

Been a while ... do you still get out for a ride? :wave1:

17. InTheWind

InTheWind Pro Poster

Haven`t been riding much this year, maybe a thousand miles tops.