• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Judas the Betrayer

City

Pro Poster
I think I am posting this in the right section but...
In Acts 1:18-19 it says:
( With the reward he got for his wickedness, Judas bought a field; there he fell headlong, his body burst open and all his intestines spilled out. Everyone in Jerusalem heard about this, so they called that field in their language Akeldama, that is, Field of Blood.)

So my question is when his body fell headlong and it burst open and his intestines fell out what happened to him? What did his body exactly go through? Was he cut with a sword? Or do we not know?

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
I think I am posting this in the right section but...
In Acts 1:18-19 it says:
( With the reward he got for his wickedness, Judas bought a field; there he fell headlong, his body burst open and all his intestines spilled out. Everyone in Jerusalem heard about this, so they called that field in their language Akeldama, that is, Field of Blood.)

So my question is when his body fell headlong and it burst open and his intestines fell out what happened to him? What did his body exactly go through? Was he cut with a sword? Or do we not know?
Matthew tells us he hung himself. Here he fell.

Now, some want to say Acts is saying he died by falling. Where does it say that?

It simply says he fell headlong and burst.

Now, think about it.

One hangs themself and their body hangs there some length of time. For some reason what he hung himself with lets go, the now rotting and swollen body falls headlong, striking the ground hard.

No problem understanding the body would burts open.

City

Pro Poster
Wow I never thought of it like that! Thank-x. He must of just hung himself I would assume because he let Satan enter him.
John 13:27 As soon as Judas took the bread, Satan entered into him.

Codger

Yes, what it doesn't say is how long he hung there. In my preteen years back in the 50"s we had a rather large pig that died on our farm in Pa. After a couple weeks (in the summer) it became extremely swollen and looked like it was about to burst - and may have if my dad hadn't pushed him with the Caterpillar bulldozer into the dump and covered him up. I can easily see how this could happen to a person as well. Under those conditions if the rope failed or someone cut him down it could easily have caused a bursting upon impact. No problem with the continuity of the different accounts of Judas.