• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Judaism is a religion too

jdyson

restricted access
Judaism is not listed as a religion so I add it here
And God spoke about then too----

Ezekiel 21 King James Version (KJV)
21 And the word of the Lord came unto me, saying,
2 Son of man, set thy face toward Jerusalem, and drop thy word toward the holy places, and prophesy against the land of Israel,
3 And say to the land of Israel, Thus saith the Lord; Behold, I am against thee, and will draw forth my sword out of his sheath, and will cut off from thee the righteous and the wicked.
4 Seeing then that I will cut off from thee the righteous and the wicked, therefore shall my sword go forth out of his sheath against all flesh from the south to the north:
5 That all flesh may know that I the Lord have drawn forth my sword out of his sheath: it shall not return any more.
6 Sigh therefore, thou son of man, with the breaking of thy loins; and with bitterness sigh before their eyes.
7 And it shall be, when they say unto thee, Wherefore sighest thou? that thou shalt answer, For the tidings; because it cometh: and every heart shall melt, and all hands shall be feeble, and every spirit shall faint, and all knees shall be weak as water: behold, it cometh, and shall be brought to pass, saith the Lord God.
8 Again the word of the Lord came unto me, saying,
9 Son of man, prophesy, and say, Thus saith the Lord; Say, A sword, a sword is sharpened, and also furbished:
10 It is sharpened to make a sore slaughter; it is furbished that it may glitter: should we then make mirth? it contemneth the rod of my son, as every tree.
11 And he hath given it to be furbished, that it may be handled: this sword is sharpened, and it is furbished, to give it into the hand of the slayer.
12 Cry and howl, son of man: for it shall be upon my people, it shall be upon all the princes of Israel: terrors by reason of the sword shall be upon my people: smite therefore upon thy thigh.
13 Because it is a trial, and what if the sword contemn even the rod? it shall be no more, saith the Lord God.
14 Thou therefore, son of man, prophesy, and smite thine hands together. and let the sword be doubled the third time, the sword of the slain: it is the sword of the great men that are slain, which entereth into their privy chambers.
15 I have set the point of the sword against all their gates, that their heart may faint, and their ruins be multiplied: ah! it is made bright, it is wrapped up for the slaughter.
16 Go thee one way or other, either on the right hand, or on the left, whithersoever thy face is set.
17 I will also smite mine hands together, and I will cause my fury to rest: I the Lord have said it.
18 The word of the Lord came unto me again, saying,
19 Also, thou son of man, appoint thee two ways, that the sword of the king of Babylon may come: both twain shall come forth out of one land: and choose thou a place, choose it at the head of the way to the city.
20 Appoint a way, that the sword may come to Rabbath of the Ammonites, and to Judah in Jerusalem the defenced.
21 For the king of Babylon stood at the parting of the way, at the head of the two ways, to use divination: he made his arrows bright, he consulted with images, he looked in the liver.
22 At his right hand was the divination for Jerusalem, to appoint captains, to open the mouth in the slaughter, to lift up the voice with shouting, to appoint battering rams against the gates, to cast a mount, and to build a fort.
23 And it shall be unto them as a false divination in their sight, to them that have sworn oaths: but he will call to remembrance the iniquity, that they may be taken.
24 Therefore thus saith the Lord God; Because ye have made your iniquity to be remembered, in that your transgressions are discovered, so that in all your doings your sins do appear; because, I say, that ye are come to remembrance, ye shall be taken with the hand.
25 And thou, profane wicked prince of Israel, whose day is come, when iniquity shall have an end,
26 Thus saith the Lord God; Remove the diadem, and take off the crown: this shall not be the same: exalt him that is low, and abase him that is high.
27 I will overturn, overturn, overturn, it: and it shall be no more, until he come whose right it is; and I will give it him.
28 And thou, son of man, prophesy and say, Thus saith the Lord God concerning the Ammonites, and concerning their reproach; even say thou, The sword, the sword is drawn: for the slaughter it is furbished, to consume because of the glittering:
29 Whiles they see vanity unto thee, whiles they divine a lie unto thee, to bring thee upon the necks of them that are slain, of the wicked, whose day is come, when their iniquity shall have an end.
30 Shall I cause it to return into his sheath? I will judge thee in the place where thou wast created, in the land of thy nativity.
31 And I will pour out mine indignation upon thee, I will blow against thee in the fire of my wrath, and deliver thee into the hand of brutish men, and skilful to destroy.
32 Thou shalt be for fuel to the fire; thy blood shall be in the midst of the land; thou shalt be no more remembered: for I the Lord have spoken it.

& so it shall be done

jdyson

restricted access
The header on this web site makes the following statements--

"We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.
The Bible lays out where the world is and where it is heading. Cults like Catholic, Mormon and Jehovah Witnesses are growing. False doctrines are increasing. Atheism is a spreading lie. What say you?
What should we change, add, etc? Ideas welcome!"

If you stop calling Catholic, Mormon and Jehovah Witnesses cults; you will come a long way to unifying faths by promoting the good in all of them instead of singling them out as cults.

But if you must identify them as cults then you must also include Judaism as well.

you asked for suggestions and I have made one

I have misunderstood the meaning of the term "cult:. Below is the definition.

Last edited:

jdyson

restricted access
In modern English, the term cult has come to usually refer to a social group defined by its unusual religious, spiritual, or philosophical beliefs, or its common interest in a particular personality, object or goal. This sense of the term is controversial and it has divergent definitions in both popular culture and academia and it also has been an ongoing source of contention among scholars across several fields of study.[1][2] It is usually considered pejorative.

In the sociological classifications of religious movements, a cult is a social group with socially deviant or novel beliefs and practices,[3] although this is often unclear.[4][5][6] Other researchers present a less-organized picture of cults, saying that they arise spontaneously around novel beliefs and practices.[7] Groups said to be cults range in size from local groups with a few members to international organizations with millions.[8]

Cult is literally the "care" (Latin cultus) owed to deities and to temples, shrines, or churches. Cult is embodied in ritual and ceremony. Its present or former presence is made concrete in temples, shrines and churches, and cult images, including cult images and votive offerings at votive sites.

In the specific context of the Greek hero cult, Carla Antonaccio wrote,

The term cult identifies a pattern of ritual behavior in connection with specific objects, within a framework of spatial and temporal coordinates. Rituals would include (but not necessarily be limited to) prayer, sacrifice, votive offerings, competitions, processions and construction of monuments. Some degree of recurrence in place and repetition over time of ritual action is necessary for a cult to be enacted, to be practiced.[1]

The term "cult" first appeared in English in 1617, derived from the French culte, meaning "worship" which in turn originated from the Latin word cultusmeaning "care, cultivation, worship". The meaning "devotion to a person or thing" is from 1829. Starting about 1920, "cult" acquired an additional six or more positive and negative definitions. In French, for example, sections in newspapers giving the schedule of worship for Catholic services are headed Culte Catholique, while the section giving the schedule of Protestant services is headed culte réformé. Within the Catholic church the most prominent Cults are those of the saints.

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
The header on this web site makes the following statements--

"We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.
The Bible lays out where the world is and where it is heading. Cults like Catholic, Mormon and Jehovah Witnesses are growing. False doctrines are increasing. Atheism is a spreading lie. What say you?
What should we change, add, etc? Ideas welcome!"

If you stop calling Catholic, Mormon and Jehovah Witnesses cults; you will come a long way to unifying faths by promoting the good in all of them instead of singling them out as cults.

But if you must identify them as cults then you must also include Judaism as well.

you asked for suggestions and I have made one

I have misunderstood the meaning of the term "cult:. Below is the definition.
Judaism is not a Christian cult anymore than Islam is. They are other religions.

A cult is a religion that calls itself a mainstream religion but denies the core teachings and beliefs of that mainstream religion.

A cult and the mainstream religion can never unify. One must become the other or stay separate.

Heather Frank

restricted access
Judaism is not listed as a religion so I add it here
And God spoke about then too----

Ezekiel 21 King James Version (KJV)
21 And the word of the Lord came unto me, saying,
2 Son of man, set thy face toward Jerusalem, and drop thy word toward the holy places, and prophesy against the land of Israel,
3 And say to the land of Israel, Thus saith the Lord; Behold, I am against thee, and will draw forth my sword out of his sheath, and will cut off from thee the righteous and the wicked.
4 Seeing then that I will cut off from thee the righteous and the wicked, therefore shall my sword go forth out of his sheath against all flesh from the south to the north:
5 That all flesh may know that I the Lord have drawn forth my sword out of his sheath: it shall not return any more.
6 Sigh therefore, thou son of man, with the breaking of thy loins; and with bitterness sigh before their eyes.
7 And it shall be, when they say unto thee, Wherefore sighest thou? that thou shalt answer, For the tidings; because it cometh: and every heart shall melt, and all hands shall be feeble, and every spirit shall faint, and all knees shall be weak as water: behold, it cometh, and shall be brought to pass, saith the Lord God.
8 Again the word of the Lord came unto me, saying,
9 Son of man, prophesy, and say, Thus saith the Lord; Say, A sword, a sword is sharpened, and also furbished:
10 It is sharpened to make a sore slaughter; it is furbished that it may glitter: should we then make mirth? it contemneth the rod of my son, as every tree.
11 And he hath given it to be furbished, that it may be handled: this sword is sharpened, and it is furbished, to give it into the hand of the slayer.
12 Cry and howl, son of man: for it shall be upon my people, it shall be upon all the princes of Israel: terrors by reason of the sword shall be upon my people: smite therefore upon thy thigh.
13 Because it is a trial, and what if the sword contemn even the rod? it shall be no more, saith the Lord God.
14 Thou therefore, son of man, prophesy, and smite thine hands together. and let the sword be doubled the third time, the sword of the slain: it is the sword of the great men that are slain, which entereth into their privy chambers.
15 I have set the point of the sword against all their gates, that their heart may faint, and their ruins be multiplied: ah! it is made bright, it is wrapped up for the slaughter.
16 Go thee one way or other, either on the right hand, or on the left, whithersoever thy face is set.
17 I will also smite mine hands together, and I will cause my fury to rest: I the Lord have said it.
18 The word of the Lord came unto me again, saying,
19 Also, thou son of man, appoint thee two ways, that the sword of the king of Babylon may come: both twain shall come forth out of one land: and choose thou a place, choose it at the head of the way to the city.
20 Appoint a way, that the sword may come to Rabbath of the Ammonites, and to Judah in Jerusalem the defenced.
21 For the king of Babylon stood at the parting of the way, at the head of the two ways, to use divination: he made his arrows bright, he consulted with images, he looked in the liver.
22 At his right hand was the divination for Jerusalem, to appoint captains, to open the mouth in the slaughter, to lift up the voice with shouting, to appoint battering rams against the gates, to cast a mount, and to build a fort.
23 And it shall be unto them as a false divination in their sight, to them that have sworn oaths: but he will call to remembrance the iniquity, that they may be taken.
24 Therefore thus saith the Lord God; Because ye have made your iniquity to be remembered, in that your transgressions are discovered, so that in all your doings your sins do appear; because, I say, that ye are come to remembrance, ye shall be taken with the hand.
25 And thou, profane wicked prince of Israel, whose day is come, when iniquity shall have an end,
26 Thus saith the Lord God; Remove the diadem, and take off the crown: this shall not be the same: exalt him that is low, and abase him that is high.
27 I will overturn, overturn, overturn, it: and it shall be no more, until he come whose right it is; and I will give it him.
28 And thou, son of man, prophesy and say, Thus saith the Lord God concerning the Ammonites, and concerning their reproach; even say thou, The sword, the sword is drawn: for the slaughter it is furbished, to consume because of the glittering:
29 Whiles they see vanity unto thee, whiles they divine a lie unto thee, to bring thee upon the necks of them that are slain, of the wicked, whose day is come, when their iniquity shall have an end.
30 Shall I cause it to return into his sheath? I will judge thee in the place where thou wast created, in the land of thy nativity.
31 And I will pour out mine indignation upon thee, I will blow against thee in the fire of my wrath, and deliver thee into the hand of brutish men, and skilful to destroy.
32 Thou shalt be for fuel to the fire; thy blood shall be in the midst of the land; thou shalt be no more remembered: for I the Lord have spoken it.

& so it shall be done
While I don't know much about the Jewish religion per se (at least in terms of actual services and how it's observed) one thing I will tell you about many modern branches of Christianity is that they approach Old Testament Hebrew prophecy in a very illogical way while making historical arguments for the divinity of Christ. I've seen copious charts before, comparing prophecies alleged to be about Jesus to gospel narratives and epistles, trying to prove a priori from the Old Testament prophets that the Jesus in the Bible is the promised messiah. While I believe in freedom of religion and the citizens right to think that, I need to point out that the working definition of religion is to begin with faith and work from there. If the people with these colorful proof text charts are really Christians, then what they should be doing is beginning with the story of Jesus, and proving any other points from that.

You are saying that Judaism and Islam are separate religions other than Christianity, very well. My own point is that if you are a Christian, and believe in the life of Christ for various reasons, either because of miracles, because you heard it from a friend, or even just because your country is being occupied and oppressed by Rome too and you hope to meet allies, then you begin all your logical arguments from the words of Christ, and prove anything else you have to say, including statements like "Israel is the country Jesus came from and is legitimate/oppressed/divided/apostate/enslaved/under terrorist attack duck and cover!" from that, not from something else like the fact that He, you and Paul are all men with XY chromosomes, or from Judaism, which is a separate religion whose prophets are separate from your church.

Heather Frank

restricted access
I just stated, very clearly and specifically, that in order for you to consider yourself a Christian, you have to base all your religious arguments, including your theology which is the study of the nature of God, on the spoken teachings of Jesus of Nazareth. That is a definitely and specifically non secular statement.

One major problem with modern "Christianity", is that it is fundamentally an academic saltwater gargle consisting of smooth grammar around the identities of the first Christians, that is to say the races (they have to be Hebrew), the occupations, the politics and the native languages of the original chroniclers of Christ's life and teaching.

Basically, you're just political. You're always stringing together unrelated sentence verses from the Biblical compilation of books, always trying to prove a legal and political point about middle Easten nationalism. If you were really a religious Christian, you would believe that Jesus Christ was God, and follow his verbal teachings, which his disciples wrote down. You would judge the veracity of other accounts of his sayings, doings, life and so on the basis of how well they followed, logically, from your religiously principled a priori faith in Christ himself, not fiddle about historicity, geography, politics and military matters trying to use a mixnmatch mishmash of multicultural, multilingual, internationalist floof boof to make long, meandering, expensive to livestream "academic proofs" that Jesus existed at all.

In other words, if you were really a Christian, you'd quote Christ. Any theological arguments you made would begin with a teaching of Christ.

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
The Bible indeed teaches the coming of Jesus and his gospel. But you fail to understand the Old Testament defines who Jesus was and is. It includes the fact that Jesus was only prophecy in the Old Testament. He did not exist before the incarnation. So to understand who Jesus is you have to understand who God is. You have to understand that Jesus is the humanity in which the second person of the godhood lives. You have to understand that each person of the Godhead has a distinct role. The second person of the Godhead played a unique role in the creation of man. He played a unique role in God's relationship to man. In the Old Testament he was the angel of God. He was in the burning bush. So to limit the Bible to Jesus Christ is a failure to understand God.

There is no such thing as modern Christianity. You are either a Christian or you are not. Calling many people Christian does not make them Christian. The majority of so-called Christians today are apostates, never having known Christ.

jdyson

restricted access
I just stated, very clearly and specifically, that in order for you to consider yourself a Christian, you have to base all your religious arguments, including your theology which is the study of the nature of God, on the spoken teachings of Jesus of Nazareth. That is a definitely and specifically non secular statement.
You are not a Christian, therefore your opinion is null and void/\.

In other words, if you were really a Christian, you'd quote Christ. Any theological arguments you made would begin with a teaching of Christ.

You are not a Christian, therefore your opinion is null and void/\.

jdyson

restricted access
The Bible indeed teaches the coming of Jesus and his gospel. But you fail to understand the Old Testament defines who Jesus was and is.
Jesus Christ was crucified because He was reciting verses from what we now call the Old Testament.

jdyson

restricted access
A cult is a religion that calls itself a mainstream religion but denies the core teachings and beliefs of that mainstream religion.
A country that named itself "Israel", which is a biblical name, professing to follow the Commandments uses its government sniper teams to single out and murder children denies the core teachings and beliefs of that mainstream religion. Therefore these Zionists represent a cult.
As I see it, so help me God.

Matthias

Advanced Poster
“So, what was Jesus’ religion? The simple answer is: Judaism. Jesus was a rabbi, a teacher of Judaism.”

(Stephanie Hamman, “What Religion Was Jesus?”)

Matthias

Advanced Poster
“Jesus’ beliefs, therefore, remained those of a first-century Jew, committed to the coming kingdom of Israel’s god. He did not waver in his loyalty to Jewish doctrine. But his beliefs were those of a first-century Jew who believed that the kingdom was coming in and through his own work. … He was a first-century Jewish monotheist.”

(N.T. Wright, Jesus and the Victory of God, p. 652)