1. We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.
    Dismiss Notice

Jehovah's Witnesses - Is Jesus 'a god' or God?

Discussion in 'Christian Cults' started by CoreIssue, Aug 1, 2015.

1. CoreIssue

CoreIssue Administrator Staff Member

Jehovah's Witnesses do not like to make definitive public statements on who Jesus was and is. So, here is what they believe:
    • Michael the Archangel is the first and only creation of God.
    • Michael created everything else
    • Michael became Jesus when incarnated
    • When he resurrected he was once again Micheal
    • Jesus as 'a god,' not 'God.'
    For more, here is a good source.

2. clark thompson

clark thompson Advanced Poster

Them believing Jesus is a god created by God is not very good thinking, in a way it says that God created Jesus to be a pagan deity. Jesus is Lord and above all creation because He made it, He is God in the flesh.

CoreIssue, Willy and CTZonEdit like this.
  3. JohnDefoe

JohnDefoe New Member

A Human can never be GOD, And Jesus was a human who ate & did what all humans do. But the Almighty can give certain powers to any Human.

Remember what happen to Moses when he asked God to manifest God to him.

There is only One God and he rules the Universe by his command. Jesus will return to earth and inform all humans this same message.

4. CoreIssue

I don't believe the human flesh of Jesus is God.

His flesh is fully human and his spirit fully God.

Neither can human flesh be an angel, either. Yet, you believe Jesus was Micheal the Archangel.

5. Willy

Willy Pro Poster

Exodus 25:8-9

And let them make me a sanctuary; that I may dwell among them. According to all that I shew thee, [after] the pattern of the tabernacle, and the pattern of all the instruments thereof, even so shall ye make [it].

In Exodus God came down and dwelt with His people Israel. The tabernacle was constructed as a buffer between sinful man and a Holy God. God is Holy, man is lawless. Israelites dropped like flies not knowing the true character of God. It was not a pretty sight. That was a part of the lesson we were to learn from it all.

In the New Testament you have God taking on humanity. He "tabernacled" among His people. He took on the form of a servant, left the blinding Glory behind and came here to work.

You may choose to not believe it. You may not like it. That does not change the fact that it happened.

:bible:

6. CoreIssue

I made a big mistake here. JohnDefoe is a Muslim, not a JW.

This part of my statement remains accurate.

7. JohnDefoe

JohnDefoe New Member

Deleted for preaching and completely off topic.

CoreIssue

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2015
  8. jeager106

jeager106 Getting Started

I google John Defoe and came up with nuttin'.
    Where get I learn about John Defoe and do I really need to learn about Mr. Defoe?