• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Is Catholicism a Cult?

Mungo

Getting Started
Hi everyone,

I'm going to be upfront here. I came across your site and as a Catholic I was very disturbed to see my Church describes as not Christians and a "cult". I would like to defend my Church against this unjust charge and I hope you will allow me the opportunity to do that. And maybe we can discuss other things too.

You say you 'strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship' so I'm sure we should be able to discuss these things in a friendly way.

I forgot to add - I'm married, with two children and two grandchildren.

Hi, feel free to comment and I am moving this to the appropriate forum. To help draw attention I split your post into its own thread and called it "Is Catholicism a Cult?."

You start the conversation, but I strongly suggest one key topic at a time for clarity. Otherwise the thread is hard to follow.

Thanks,

but if you don't mind I will start with a response to your thread "What is a cult".

Last edited:
Back