• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

I Never Knew You

Willy

Pro Poster
Matthew 7:22-23
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Ephesians 2:4-9
4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)

6 And hath raised [us] up together, and made [us] sit together in heavenly [places] in Christ Jesus:

7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in [his] kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Our God is a God of the living, not the dead … There are many people doing many things in His name but reject the life He has purchased for them and so they remain dead (to God) … those are the ones He never knew. Further to that, He cannot have anything to do with them as they remain unclean, defiled by sin and will remain separated from God for eternity … their choice …

If you yield to the work of God's Spirit, repent and own your sin, and then accept God's unspeakable gift, you are translated instantly and eternally from death to life the moment you believe … there is joy in heaven …

Since you are now alive and owned by God, God knows you as sons and daughters and is committed to your upbringing ... just like He asks you to do in Christian marriage, ... raising your children …

I still struggle daily with this passage.

I just fear that I am too inadequate, a constant failure, my trying just is not good enough for God to say, "Well done good and faithful servant".

I fear beyond all fears He will say this right to my face. Devastation.

I still struggle daily with this passage.

I just fear that I am too inadequate, a constant failure, my trying just is not good enough for God to say, "Well done good and faithful servant".

I fear beyond all fears He will say this right to my face. Devastation.

God's Word will always test you, … it tears you down only to rebuild you stronger and better than you were a moment before, … it is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

And this is where we fight our battle, light against darkness, spirit against flesh, … are we good enough to represent God? … (that's how it usually starts) and the answer must be the same as Paul who describes himself as a wretched man, serving sin in the flesh, but the law of God in his spirit …

No one is worthy, no one is righteous, but God uses us none the less because He sees us in His Son ...

Lets see … I've known you through your posts here for 10 years now and you debate all manner of topic (faithfully representing God's point of view) on a forum that can be accessed by anyone, anywhere in the world … and whatever you choose to post is instantly available to the same. That's something the Apostles could only dream about ...

:nod:

Back