• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Homosexual Christians

CTZonEdit

Site Administrator
Staff member
In going back over this I find it very interesting that the bible does not condemn homosexuals it condemns homosexual behavior.
It condemns the practicing of the homosexual activity itself. Regardless of how we may "feel" or their "desires".
The activity itself is what is condemned.

And not just homosexual sex, but ALL sexual activity outside the confines of marriage. All of it.

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
Agree, CTZ.

It is a sin that becomes deadly in practice. Desire is one thing, follow through is another.

Blake Henry

this should probably be another thread but...
caught the spin on tv the other day to bash Christians with this..
with the marraiges its about flowers and cakes (on the tv) so another chimed in to say
"what about if the person needs medical attention and so on" and then they quickly moved on.

we know that if someone needed food, medical attention ect. they would be given it by any genuine Christian.

and those who do not know better believe the nonsense.

If you own a bakery and are asked to bake a cake for a Homosexual wedding simply reply, "I can't. I don't want to offend Muslims".

Blake Henry

I'm seeing a disturbing trend where more and more people are coming out as practicing homosexuals that are claiming to also be Christians.

I do not see how this is possible to blatantly continue sinning and remain in Christ.
I could be missing something but in order to embrace the belief that homosexuality is not a sin you would have to reject the biblical commands against it.

The question is that by rejecting these commands are you rejecting Christ?

Here is one of the latest:
http://www.pitchsidereport.com/2015/03/17/ella-masar-love-entry-25/

Not all those that proclaim to be a Christian "blatantly" continue to sin. I've tried since becoming a Christian to never sin. I've failed. I don't sin blatantly but I do sin. I know of no Christian that has defeated sin in their lives. Many homosexuals love their sin. As do some proclaimed Christians. Others hate it. As I do. Before becoming a Christian I never knew I was sinning. Many homosexuals don't know as well. Homosexuals that accept Jesus as their Saviour will know that the sexual acts they perform are sin. Some dance around the issue of homosexuality but in their hearts they know that their sexual acts are sin.

Some leaders in the Christian homosexual community claim that what they do is right and okay with God. So did another famous leader. "Hence today I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator" [Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf p.60]. Even after proclaiming to be Christian they still will be homosexuals and sinners but before they commit their perverted acts they will know that they are "blatantly" getting ready to sin. The fight to keep from sinning will always be a fight for Christians and homosexuals that proclaim to be a Christian until Christ returns. At least some homosexuals have become Christian. Once they did (as with all of us that have become Christian) then hope is with us/them that they/we will truly be saved.

We should not be surprised that this world is falling further and further away from God. It is a "disturbing trend". We should rejoice that it is. If we as Christians never see the events in this world becoming a "disturbing trend" then the Bible lied to us.What was once wrong is now right and what was once right is now wrong. We were told that it would get this way in the last days. We must rejoice and lift up our heads and get ready for His return. The events we were told about are happening today.

“And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man. They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all. Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded; But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom, it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all. Even thus shall it be in the day when Son of man is revealed.” - Luke 17:26-30

His grace will save all of us that come to Him. Be we homosexuals or not. "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;" Romans 3:23

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
There are some sins that God says are so bad if a Christian cannot or will stop practicing and will not even admit it is sin, that God says the will die so that your spirit will be preserved.

It says throw them out of your assembly.

All sin is sin and spiritually deadly. But some sin, regard our flesh and person on this earth are more deadly than others.

When born again, our spirits are cleansed, but not our flesh. So, it is very difficult for me to see such as a homosexual saying it is not a sin and actually being a Christian.

Lucia Magdalena

Okay, I am embarrassed to ask, but I rather ask than wonder. I am a heterosexual. I am currently in a relationship and we are active. It's been ongoing for over 3 years. We are loyal to each other but we are not married. Is this wrong? Will we be condemned?

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
The Bible teaches we are to marry before God and Man.

While the customs and legalities have changed drastically, and many time, throughout history, that aspect has not changed.

The Bible also says, regarding your situation, when you marry all is fixed. No more issues.

Marriage is more than personal. It impacts society, family etc. Especially children.

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
No delicate way to put it...yes, but fixable.

As Paul said about himself, we all do something wrong, everyday. Even when we try hard to everything right.

CTZonEdit

Site Administrator
Staff member
Remember that there are sexual immoralities that God condemns. We are to flee from them 1 Corinthians 6:17-19.

Sex outside the confines of marriage (fornication) is sexual immorality. Its sexual sin. Marriage fixes this.

1 Corinthians 7:2-5.
2 But since sexual immorality is occurring, each man should have sexual relations with his own wife, and each woman with her own husband. 3 The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband. 4 The wife does not have authority over her own body but yields it to her husband. In the same way, the husband does not have authority over his own body but yields it to his wife. 5 Do not deprive each other except perhaps by mutual consent and for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer. Then come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control.

CTZonEdit

Site Administrator
Staff member
Found this site today

http://www.livingout.org/

We experience same-sex attraction and yet are committed to what the Bible clearly says, and what the church has always taught, about marriage and sex. We do not identify as gay Christians, preferring to use the term "same-sex attracted" (find out why).

With friends, we’ve set up this website to articulate a perspective that is not often heard – that of men and women who are honest and open about their same-sex attraction, but who have discovered that obedience to Jesus in this area of life is fulfilling, healthy and authentic. We want people who experience same-sex attraction, those who self-identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual or transsexual (LGBT) or who are just questioning; their family and friends; their churches and pastors; and those investigating Christianity, to find here a plausible way of living out what Christians have consistently believed about marriage and sex. Find out more

Looks like there is a way to deal with these issues in a biblical way that nobody is addressing in any other church I have seen.

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
I knew there were groups out there like this. But, the catch a lot of hassle from liberals.

CTZonEdit

Site Administrator
Staff member
Well they certainly are not following the LGBT agenda or message.

As with most things in life it is much harder to follow Christ than your own feelings or whats popular in society.

To me this is courageous, not what Jenner is doing or promoting.

CTZonEdit

Site Administrator
Staff member
Absolutely heart broken by the turn of events over the past several weeks.

How much longer Lord Jesus?

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
I know. Still cannot stand listening to the news.

They will celebrate but the Lord is not.

Sounds exactly like the Bible description of right before the Rapture and Trib.

Jessie

Pro Poster
I have heard from 2 people separate from each other that they believe the rapture could come as soon as sept.
which we dont know and should always be ready

just found it interesting of you saying
"Sounds exactly like the Bible description of right before the Rapture and Trib."

CTZonEdit

Site Administrator
Staff member
The worst part is that there is no debating it any more. They don't want to debate it and when you do its response is "it the LAW now." and when you press them they just get upset or don't want to discuss it any more since its "LAW".

The arena for civil discussion of ideas is gone. Logic and reason. Gone. History and facts. Gone. Because it the LAW.

So basically I am at a loss of what to do.