• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

God Chooses Our Political Leaders

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
In discussions elsewhere it is common to be told God does not pick our leaders and never would pic evil people.

The Bible does not agree.

God picks the leader of a country, to punish or bless as he deems right.
Romans 13
1Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which is from God. The authorities that exist have been appointed by God. 2Consequently, the one who resists authority is opposing what God has set in place, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves.…
Daniel 2:21
"It is He who changes the times and the epochs; He removes kings and establishes kings; He gives wisdom to wise men And knowledge to men of understanding.
God picked Cyrus, Hitler, Reagan, Obama and in the Trib picks the anti-Christ.

Cyrus was a pagan but God called him his anointed.

Hitler was a ruler, thus picked by God.
1 Chronicles 5 New International Version (NIV)

25 But they were unfaithful to the God of their ancestors and prostituted themselves to the gods of the peoples of the land, whom God had destroyed before them. 26 So the God of Israel stirred up the spirit of Pul king of Assyria (that is, Tiglath-Pileser king of Assyria), who took the Reubenites, the Gadites and the half-tribe of Manasseh into exile. He took them to Halah, Habor, Hara and the river of Gozan, where they are to this day.
Isaiah 45 New International Version (NIV)

1. “This is what the Lord says to his anointed,
to Cyrus, whose right hand I take hold of
to subdue nations before him
and to strip kings of their armor,
to open doors before him
so that gates will not be shut:

2. I will go before you
and will level the mountains[a];
I will break down gates of bronze
and cut through bars of iron.

3. I will give you hidden treasures,
riches stored in secret places,
so that you may know that I am the Lord,
the God of Israel, who summons you by name.
Revelation 3:10
10 Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come on the whole world to test the inhabitants of the earth.
Revelation 6New International Version (NIV)
The Seals

6 I watched as the Lamb opened the first of the seven seals. Then I heard one of the four living creatures say in a voice like thunder, “Come!” 2 I looked, and there before me was a white horse! Its rider held a bow, and he was given a crown, and he rode out as a conqueror bent on conquest.
Christ releases the AC in power to rule. He releases the False Prophet. He throws down Satan to rule with them.

GOD chose this to punish a world in rebellion
2 Timothy 4New International Version (NIV)

4 In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and in view of his appearing and his kingdom, I give you this charge: 2 Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction. 3 For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. 4 They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.

Jessie

Pro Poster
In discussions elsewhere it is common to be told God does not pick our leaders and never would pic evil people.

I dont know where people get those ideas but they do.
even reality of the past shows its not accurate.

with the last verse 2 timothy 4
seems that people are putting people all around themselves to tell them whatever they want to hear
so the truth is never told, along with the excess in teachers