• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Gal 6:14-16

clark thompson

Advanced Poster
Galatians 6:14-16 King James Version (KJV)
14 But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.

15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.

16 And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God.

Galatians 6:14-16 Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

14 But as for me, Heaven forbid that I should boast about anything except the execution-stake of our Lord Yeshua the Messiah! Through him, as far as I am concerned, the world has been put to death on the stake; and through him, as far as the world is concerned, I have been put to death on the stake.
15 For neither being circumcised nor being uncircumcised matters; what matters is being a new creation.16 And as many as order their lives by this rule, shalom upon them and mercy, and upon the Isra’el of God!

Complete Jewish Bible(CJB) Copyright © 1998 by David H. Stern. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

14 We should never boast of what we do but give praise to the Lord for what He has allowed us to do. We should allow Him to have the glory because without Him we would be doing nothing the gain anything. Christ died for us and we are to die to self so that we can live for Him, this is not a just something done when we first come to faith but this is a continually process as a Christian and we will fall short at times. We are not live for our own glory but for His and are to live to bring even more fame to His name.

15 If people don’t have a heart for the Lord what they do that is consider good is meaningless, circumcision meant nothing if they had not submitted to Jesus as Lord. We are to be made new by Him, He is the seal of the New Covenant and the Holy Spirit no longer is circumcision the seal.

16 We are to walk like Christ would, we are to live by showing mercy and making peace but we are not to do this by supporting sin or justifying sin as people today want to do for peace making, us having peace with God should come before our peace with men. So if we can make peace with men by keeping our peace with the Lord then we should but there are people out there that we can not have peace with because we have Jesus as Lord. Paul is telling the church to be at peace with one another and we should be at peace with our fellow members of the faith.