• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Gal 5:9-10

clark thompson

Advanced Poster
Galatians 5:9-10 King James Version (KJV)
9 A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.

10 I have confidence in you through the Lord, that ye will be none otherwise minded: but he that troubleth you shall bear his judgment, whosoever he be.

Galatians 5:9-10 Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

9 “It takes only a little hametzto leaven the whole batch of dough.”10 I am confident that since you are united with the Lord, you will take no other view; and I am confident that the one who has been disturbing you, whoever he may be, will have to bear his punishment.

Complete Jewish Bible(CJB)Copyright © 1998 by David H. Stern. All rights reserved

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

9 Leaven often times symbolizes sin but here in the case Paul is just referring to how it works as it heats up leaven also known as yeast rises., it does not take much to make it to rise you don’t need to much our faith in the Lord works this way a little faith in Him, He takes a long way in His name. Jesus causes us to rise to the top.

10 Paul knew they were the Lord’s and knew that thru Him they would be doing great things in the name of Jesus, the Lord wants to use us as well, we should have the confidence in other Christians as well if we don’t rather then mock them we then should talk to them thru love and pray for them. Paul was telling them that they should keep their minds on the Lord; we should do this because other wise this world and the things in it will break us down. Paul was saying that the one causing trouble for them would have to answer for this. I don’t think Paul would look for a person to face God’s wrath even though many will, Paul would rather have them turn to the Lord as we should with those who cause trouble for us.