• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Gal 5:1-2

clark thompson

Advanced Poster
Galatians 5:1-2King James Version (KJV)
5 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

2 Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.

Galatians 5:1-2Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

5 What the Messiah has freed us for is freedom! Therefore, stand firm, and don’t let yourselves be tied up again to a yoke of slavery.2 Mark my words — I, Sha’ul, tell you that if you undergob’rit-milahthe Messiah will be of no advantage to you at all!

Complete Jewish Bible(CJB)Copyright © 1998 by David H. Stern. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

1 Liberty from the law comes thru Christ no one else or no way else can break our bondage to the law but Him. We are free by Him we are going to fall and sin but thru Him we are forgiven and lifted up again and are able to repent. Keeping the law was the yoke that we could not fully keep but He did instead of us.

2 Paul is not saying being circumcised is meaningless it does help with cutting down infection and it was the Jews covenant to the Lord but he is saying they are no closer to the Lord by being Jewish. Being a Jewish Christian was more of a burden because they were expected to live by the law because it is what they know but Paul is saying that this is not needed.