• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Gal 4:21-22

clark thompson

Advanced Poster
Galatians 4:21-22 King James Version (KJV)

21 Tell me, ye that desire to be under the law, do ye not hear the law?

22 For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman.

Galatians 4:21-22 Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

21 Tell me, you who want to be in subjection to the system that results from perverting the Torah into legalism, don’t you hear what the Torah itself says?22 It says that Avraham had two sons, one by the slave woman and one by the free woman.

Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)Copyright © 1998 by David H. Stern. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

21 To live by the law is something that results in be found guilty by the law, none us keep the law only Christ could and He did so that are faults found thru the law would be forgiven by His love and grace. To want to be under law often times is a issue of pride, it is of self worth, our worth is not found in keeping the law but thru the love we find in our Savior Jesus Christ.

22 This was Sarah his wife’s son would be the one to carry his blessing and be the promised child and then there was Hagar’s boy she was Sarah servant and Sarah gave her to Abraham so he could have a child to carry on the blessing but often what we have planned is not what God has planned for us, His plans are bigger than we can picture most of the time.