• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Gal 4:18-20

clark thompson

Advanced Poster
Galatians 4:18-20 King James Version (KJV)

18 But it is good to be zealously affected always in a good thing, and not only when I am present with you.

19 My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you,

20 I desire to be present with you now, and to change my voice; for I stand in doubt of you.

Galatians 4:18-20 Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

18 To be zealous is good, provided always that the cause is good. Indeed, whether I am present with you or not,19 my dear children, I am suffering the pains of giving birth to you all over again — and this will go on until the Messiah takes shape in you.20 I wish I could be present with you now and change my tone of voice. I don’t know what to do with you.

Complete Jewish Bible(CJB)Copyright © 1998 by David H. Stern. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

18 It would have been easier to live right while Paul was in there presence or for us when someone we respect watches us but we are live right even when no one is watching us.

19 Paul saw them as his children because he was the one that God used to bring them to faith; he was a spiritual father to them. They were young believers so they had not become fully Christ like and lived more like the world Paul was praying for them that they would live and look like Christ so they could become a testament for the Lord unto the world, we are as Christians to be a living testament for Christ in today’s’ time by letting our actions speak so they may hear the words of the gospel from us.

20 Paul wanted to be with them because they needed someone like Paul, Paul did not know for sure about how they were going to be, the Lord may have us work with people who we doubt whether what we are doing is helping them or not but if He leads us to them we are to follow.