• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Gal 4:15-17

clark thompson

Advanced Poster
Galatians 4:15-17 King James Version (KJV)

15 Where is then the blessedness ye spake of? for I bear you record, that, if it had been possible, ye would have plucked out your own eyes, and have given them to me.

16 Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

17 They zealously affect you, but not well; yea, they would exclude you, that ye might affect them.

Galatians 4:15-17 Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

15 So what has become of the joy you felt? For I bear you witness that had it been possible, you would have gouged out your eyes and given them to me.16 Have I now become your enemy because I tell you the truth?17 True, these teachers are zealous for you, but their motives are not good. They want to separate you from us so that you will become zealous for them.

Complete Jewish Bible(CJB)
Copyright © 1998 by David H. Stern. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

15 Temptation of sin is great and it is far greater when we are younger Christians but the temptation does not ever go away it may change as we grow and become easier for us to overcome but we will always be tempted, to pluck out our eyes so we don't lust may help us not lust but another sin and temptation will replace it, it is by overcoming temptations that we grow closer to the Lord.

16 The truth is things that people often don't want to here. It has been said both that "the truth hurts" and " don't kill the messager" People don't like hearing the truth and often times themselves ignore it so it bothers them when others tell them it because it brings things into reality for them, this is the main reason why we will be hated for sharing the gospel.

17 We are to encourage one another to the service of the Lord it is not us against them but often times we look at different churches competing against each other, we are to be one in serving the Lord.

Back