• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Gal 4:1-3

clark thompson

Advanced Poster
Galatians 4:1-3 King James Version (KJV)

4 Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all;

2 But is under tutors and governors until the time appointed of the father.

3 Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world:

Galatians 4:1-3 Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

4 What I am saying is that as long as the heir is a minor he is no different from a slave, even though he is the legal owner of the estate; 2 rather, he is subject to guardians and caretakers until the time previously set by his father. 3 So it is with us — when we were “children” we were slaves to the elemental spirits of the universe;

Complete Jewish Bible (CJB) Copyright © 1998 by David H. Stern. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

1 They both will die one day over a time slaves by the law were to be made free, by the law if there was no heir then the highest ranking slave would become the heir. Slaves and heirs need Jesus the same.

2 The heir listens to the slaves because his father trusts them to take care of him until he is old enough. The slaves would have influence on the heir because of this. The slave in a way was in charge of the heir for a time. Jesus will keep a watch out for us until we inherit what He has for us.

3 This world is what we were victim to, we are set free thru Christ but we have the errors of this world that keep us sinning but by Him we are forgiven. We are now grown in Christ and sin should not have a hold of us like it once did.

Back