• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Gal 2:8-9

clark thompson

Advanced Poster
Galatians 2:8-9 King James Version (KJV)

8 (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles:)

9 And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.

Galatians 2:8-9 Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)
8 since the One working in Kefa to make him an emissary to the Circumcised had worked in me to make me an emissary to the Gentiles. 9 So, having perceived what grace had been given to me, Ya‘akov, Kefa and Yochanan, the acknowledged pillars of the community, extended to me and Bar-Nabba the right hand of fellowship; so that we might go to the Gentiles, and they to the Circumcised.

Complete Jewish Bible (CJB) Copyright © 1998 by David H. Stern. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

8 Peter was called to work with the Jews sharing the gospel with them, Paul knew his work was with the Gentiles those that had never heard the truth and never knew any scripture.

9 It took Paul time but he became accepted by the men of God this was because he was first accepted by God because he turned to God. They accepted and respected Paul call, we should do this for those in the church today when we see that their call is of God we need to back them.