• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Gal 2:3-5

clark thompson

Advanced Poster
Galatians 2:3-5 King James Version (KJV)

3 But neither Titus, who was with me, being a Greek, was compelled to be circumcised:

4 And that because of false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage:

5 To whom we gave place by subjection, no, not for an hour; that the truth of the gospel might continue with you.

Galatians 2:3-5 Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)
3 But they didn’t force my Gentile companion Titus to undergo b’rit-milah. 4 Indeed, the question came up only because some men who pretended to be brothers had been sneaked in — they came in surreptitiously to spy out the freedom we have in the Messiah Yeshua, so that they might enslave us. 5 Not even for a minute did we give in to them, so that the truth of the Good News might be preserved for you.

Complete Jewish Bible (CJB) Copyright © 1998 by David H. Stern. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

3 Titus was born Greek and would not have been circumcised but they were trying to say that to become Christian, you had to this which saying it was saying them coming to Christ plus… was what was needed to saved, Titus was not willing to do this just to make them happy.

4 They used this information about Titus to cause trouble for them, they want to bound them to the law but thru Christ they were made free, liberty in Christ.

5 They did not even come close to having Paul fall into their traps he knew their tricks well because he used them before but now he lived by what he knew the truth the gospel, we need to live for Christ and follow the gospel if we do this He will lead us this will cause opposition but we should keep on doing His will.