• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Gal 2:19-21

clark thompson

Advanced Poster
Galatians 2:19-21 King James Version (KJV)

19 For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God.

20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Galatians 2:19-21 Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

19 For it was through letting the Torah speak for itself that I died to its traditional legalistic misinterpretation, so that I might live in direct relationship with God. 20 When the Messiah was executed on the stake as a criminal, I was too; so that my proud ego no longer lives. But the Messiah lives in me, and the life I now live in my body I live by the same trusting faithfulness that the Son of God had, who loved me and gave himself up for me. 21 I do not reject God’s gracious gift; for if the way in which one attains righteousness is through legalism, then the Messiah’s death was pointless.

Complete Jewish Bible (CJB) Copyright © 1998 by David H. Stern. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

19 We are condemned thru the law were are found guilty and are found that we are sinners and have sin keeping us from God. If we are bound to the law then we are bound in sin separated from the Lord.

20 Our sins are nailed to the cross of Jesus. We no longer live for ourselves but we live for Christ. We no longer will to please the flesh but live to please the Lord. We are to live by faith and not by our wants. Jesus died for us so we could live for Him and by Him. While we were sinners Christ died for us.

21 It is by grace that we are His we can now live for Him by grace free from the law. Righteousness is something we can only find thru Him. Thru the law we have no grace but thru Jesus we have to option to come to Him and receive His grace. Christ lived the law perfectly because we are found guilty by the law.

Back