• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Gal 2:1-2

clark thompson

Advanced Poster
Galatians 2:1-2 King James Version (KJV)

2 Then fourteen years after I went up again to Jerusalem with Barnabas, and took Titus with me also.

2 And I went up by revelation, and communicated unto them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately to them which were of reputation, lest by any means I should run, or had run, in vain.

Galatians 2:1-2 Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)
2 Then after fourteen years I again went up to Yerushalayim, this time with Bar-Nabba; and I took with me Titus. 2 I went up in obedience to a revelation, and I explained to them the Good News as I proclaim it among the Gentiles — but privately, to the acknowledged leaders. I did this out of concern that my current or previous work might have been in vain.

Complete Jewish Bible (CJB) Copyright © 1998 by David H. Stern. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

1 Barnabas was Paul’s close friend and was someone who was there for him when every one else doubted him, God will all give us our own Barnabas but will also give many of us a Titus which was the man Paul became a mentor to as well as he did with others.

2 Paul knew when to go, when God wants us to change our steps we will be sure of what He wants us to do and where He wants us to go but sometimes we learn after we are obedient to leave that He will reveal it to us. Paul had his purpose we all have a purpose God has called us to do. Paul dealt with prideful people who were looking at themselves when he went back to Jerusalem, it was a prideful version of Christianity full of make themselves look good rather bringing praise to the Lord.