• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Gal 1:8-9

clark thompson

Advanced Poster
Galatians 1:8-9 King James Version (KJV)

8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

9 As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed

Galatians 1:8-9 complete Jewish Bible (CJB)
8 But even if we — or, for that matter, an angel from heaven! — were to announce to you some so-called “Good News” contrary to the Good News we did announce to you, let him be under a curse forever! 9 We said it before, and I say it again: if anyone announces “Good News” contrary to what you received, let him be under a curse forever!

Complete Jewish Bible (CJB) Copyright © 1998 by David H. Stern. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

8 This is the story Mormons are told that Joseph Smith was presented the book of Mormon by an angel. Many people have proclaimed over the years to have been given a message from God, His message will not change what His word says. The gospel was that Christ died for us because nothing we could do could earn us salvation, most false faiths will attack this first, so by believing the gospel over what people or even angels say, we avoid many false faith. Jesus, God came to die for us, the gospel.

9 Many people will stand accursed, there is also a habit of trying to bring other teachings that are not of the bible and bring them into the gospel, this is as bad, they limit the gospel and say Christ died for us but we have to…., this is a lie He has already done the work, we just have to accept what he has done for us.