• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Gal 1:21-24

clark thompson

Advanced Poster
Galatians 1:21-24 King James Version (KJV)

21 Afterwards I came into the regions of Syria and Cilicia;

22 And was unknown by face unto the churches of Judaea which were in Christ:

23 But they had heard only, That he which persecuted us in times past now preacheth the faith which once he destroyed.

24 And they glorified God in me.

Galatians 1:21-24 Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

21 Next I went to Syria and Cilicia; 22 but in Y’hudah, the Messianic congregations didn’t even know what I looked like — 23 they were only hearing the report, “The one who used to persecute us now preaches the Good News of the faith he was formerly out to destroy”; 24 and they praised God for me.

Complete Jewish Bible (CJB) Copyright © 1998 by David H. Stern. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

21 This is not to far from Israel but is still Gentile.

22 Paul avoided Judea for a reason; they may have still had fear of him because he once looked to kill all of them before he met Jesus.

23 They heard it was important that they heard about what Paul was doing before Paul came them, it helped showed he changed. This was a change only Jesus can change someone like this.

24 They knew it was from the Lord people of the faith who knew us before we came to faith should be happy and praise God when we turn and follow Him. It was by God’s power that Paul started serving Him.