• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Gal 1:18-19

clark thompson

Advanced Poster
Galatians 1:18-19 King James Version (KJV)

18 Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and abode with him fifteen days.

19 But other of the apostles saw I none, save James the Lord's brother.

Galatians 1:18-19 Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)
18 Not until three years later did I go up to Yerushalayim to make Kefa’s acquaintance, and I stayed with him for two weeks, 19 but I did not see any of the other emissaries except Ya‘akov the Lord’s brother.

Complete Jewish Bible (CJB) Copyright © 1998 by David H. Stern. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

18 This is Paul continuing his testimony. Paul did not go right after coming to faith, we can learn that sometimes we have to wait before we can go we are to go, Paul had to wait till he was ready, we also have to wait till we are ready to go, Paul going to Peter a very important person within the church, the church Paul once tried to destroy. He stayed with Peter this shows much about Peter and his trust in the Lord and him being forgiving to allow Paul into his home and to allow him to stay for days.

19 James spent most of his time in the church in Jerusalem. Many of the disciples were most likely abroad or died for the faith by the time Paul came to faith. James was fully man unlike Jesus, Paul is not considering James more than what he is, growing up with Jesus James may have had the chance to learn a lot even though he rejected it until his later years, he came to faith after Jesus rose and did not follow Him before hand.