• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Gal 1:15-17

clark thompson

Advanced Poster
Galatians 1:15-17 King James Version (KJV)

15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,

16 To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:

17 Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus.

Galatians 1:15-17 Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

15 But when God, who picked me out before I was born and called me by his grace, chose 16 to reveal his Son to me, so that I might announce him to the Gentiles, I did not consult anyone; 17 and I did not go up to Yerushalayim to see those who were emissaries before me. Instead, I immediately went off to Arabia and afterwards returned to Dammesek.

Complete Jewish Bible (CJB) Copyright © 1998 by David H. Stern. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

15 We should always be concerned with how we please God. Often times we focus to much on make people happy that we lose focus on pleasing our Lord Paul did this before coming to Christ. Paul came to grace and never changed to look back, this is how we need to be if we are focused on pleasing Him then we will be doing what is righteous, it is when we focus on something else that we start sinning.

16 Paul story of how Jesus was revealed to him was not in a way we will experience but we all have an experience if we have come to the Faith, it is revealed to us by the Father just as it was with Paul but many of us have servants of the Lord share the gospel with us. God shows us His Son to call all of us to something, each of us are called to His purpose which means we all will not be doing the same thing. Paul was called to preach the gospel to a world that had not heard it; Paul was one of the3 first great missioners. The nations is reference to the Gentiles. Paul now worked thru the Spirit working thru him instead of continuing in his own efforts, when we come to faith it should be the Spirit working thru us to do things as well.

17 Paul was not called to Jerusalem but called to something complexly different than most that came before him. Sometimes the Lord takes us where do not expect it, we should follow even though we may wonder why He toke us there.