• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Gal 1:10-12

clark thompson

Advanced Poster
Galatians 1:10-12 King James Version (KJV)

10 For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.

12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Galatians 1:10-12 Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)
10 Now does that sound as if I were trying to win human approval? No! I want God’s approval! Or that I’m trying to cater to people? If I were still doing that, I would not be a servant of the Messiah.

11 Furthermore, let me make clear to you, brothers, that the Good News as I proclaim it is not a human product; 12 because neither did I receive it from someone else nor was I taught it — it came through a direct revelation from Yeshua the Messiah.

Complete Jewish Bible (CJB) Copyright © 1998 by David H. Stern. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

10 We should first seek to please God and if follow His will pleases people then good, we should not do things to offend people but if following God offends people then we have to offend people because we need to follow God not people. If we seek to please men it will lead to serve men and not God pleasing people will become our idol.

11 We are to share the gospel, some people will be offended by it but we should share it not change it so it does not offend them, it is better to offend people with the truth than for them to believe lies and go to hell because of deceit. The gospel is not of man but of God.

12 The greatest teachings we learn from God by the Spirit teaching us, Paul had plenty of learning from men, it lead Him away from God to where he was serving the teachings of man and not serving God. We should follow God because of our love for Him but if we follow the teachings of man will live to follow the teachings instead of living for God by following Him as we should be doing, we should follow God, in spite of men if we have to.