1. We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.
    Dismiss Notice

Flying scrolls of the old testement

Discussion in 'Do Not Know Where to Post What You want?' started by John logan, Jun 11, 2016.

1. John logan

John logan Getting Started

is it possible the flying saucers seen for the last 40 years are the flying scrolls warned of I the old testement

2. CoreIssue

CoreIssue Administrator Staff Member

Flying saucers have been seen since OT times. Some are natural phenomena and some are demonic.

The flying scroll bear no resemblance to a UFO or a saucer. The message on the scroll is very clear and only for that time in Israel. It is clearly a scroll, nothing else. Plus there is only one scroll whereas there are many UFOs, often seen in groups.

Chapter 4 talks about the Lampstand and olive trees. Remember our discussion on these items?

Chapter 5 has the flying scroll and basket. And so on.

All are from God and different, but with related purposes.

UFOs are an interesting topic. They do exist, but that does not make the of alien origin or from God.

3. John logan

John logan Getting Started

Okay. An interesting side note when Moses demanded to see God God placed him in a rock clef covered him till he passed then Moses could see his back parts. KJV no accounting for translation. I've read the flying scroll versus through and through it seemed to be a sign of human failures both sides. I thought it was ment to be a constant reminder. Also are the 2 women Angels. I know you said Angels had no sex. But how else the present of women

4. CoreIssue

CoreIssue Administrator Staff Member

Moses could not look on God because to look on God in his fully glory is death for a human.

The scrolls do indicate human failure. But, in this case, it is limited in context to Israel only, people and land.

Angels are spirits, not human. They can look like a man, woman, bush, rock, donkey, or whatever else they wish to look like.

Same with God. The three appeared to Abram as 3 men. The Second Person has appeared as a special angel, burning bush, etc.

Looking like something does not make them that something.