• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Eternal

We know that only God is eternal (no beginning and no end) and a giver of eternal life to the redeemed.
If the lost are not granted eternal life then how can hell be eternal?

CTZonEdit

Site Administrator
Staff member
Hell was not created for men it was created for Satan and those angels that followed him.

Matthew 25:41 New International Version (NIV)
41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

Since angels are eternal beings they require and eternal punishment since they rebelled against an eternal God.
Any lesser type of punishment would be unjust when we consider that God is completely and totally holy, just, and eternal.

Do you deem 'no beginning and no end' a necessary component in the definition of eternal.
If you do then angels are not in themselves eternal beings for we know that they were created.
I understand that the only way that something can be eternal is if God's life dwells therein.

CTZonEdit

Site Administrator
Staff member
Yes I misspoke there... correct they are not eternal but created by God as perfect spiritual beings that will live for eternity.