• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Eph 6:21-22

clark thompson

Advanced Poster
Ephesians 6:21-22

KJV 21 But that ye also may know my affairs, and how I do, Tychicus, a beloved brother and faithful minister in the Lord, shall make known to you all things: 22 Whom I have sent unto you for the same purpose, that ye might know our affairs, and that he might comfort your hearts.

YLT 21 And that ye may know—ye also—the things concerning me—what I do, all things make known to you shall Tychicus, the beloved brother and faithful ministrant in the Lord, 22 whom I did send unto you for this very thing, that ye might know the things concerning us, and that he might comfort your hearts.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

21 It is good for us to let each other know how we are doing both for prayer and to praise God for how He is working in our lives. What he says here about Tychicus is how we should live, while we all aren’t called to be pastors we are all called to minister for the Lord, those who don’t know where need to look to Him and those of us who know we have to keep looking to Him. Tychicus may have been the one bringing the letter because it seems that way because he will be there for them to ask about Paul, Paul doesn’t include much of that in this letter but is open to them knowing. There are some people who live closed off not letting others in, this isn’t good and Paul wasn’t this way.

22 Paul chose to send Tychicus because he could not only tell how Paul was doing but be used by the Spirit to encourage. We need people like both Paul, who can help us follow the right direction by walking in God’s will and some one like Tychicus that can be there to uplift us and help push us forward. We aren’t to have them to undo the work the Spirit does in us but to help us with it. We should also strive to serve like both Paul and Tychicus as well.