• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Eph 4:29-30

clark thompson

Advanced Poster
Ephesians 4:29-30

KJV29Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.30And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

WEB29 Let no corrupt speech proceed out of your mouth, but such as is good for building up as the need may be, that it may give grace to those who hear.30 Don’t grieve the Holy Spirit of God, in whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

29 The way we talk is very important, it should uplift the Lord. Those who hear our speech should know by how we talk that we are His and be moved to Him because of our speech. This is not saying we are to be all talk but saying we should watch our speech, if our speech is bad then we may need to check our heart, what comes out of the mouth shows what is in the heart.

30 We have God’s grace a Christians, we are saved and we should let the Holy Spirit change us rather then run from God causing us to grieve.

Mickeylittle

29) There's a lot of things that I can say but I shouldn't say because my words tend to tear people down rather than edify or build people up! I believe that when I became a Christian I gave up my rights. I became a slave of Christ's! Doesn't 1 Cor 6:19-20 tell us that we are not our own but that we were bought at a price... Sounds like we are slaves to me. And because of that we have a Lord or Master who commands us to edify or build others up.

This isn't a call to shower people with untruths just to make them feel good but it is a call not to be arrogant or cutting with our remarks belittling one another just because we can or we've had a bad day.

30) Grieving the Holy Spirit can go in many directions for sure since this can be in regards to His work in you or His working in a person that you have a conflict with or even with the Body of believers. The point to me is that we need to be in tune with God and be sensitive to the working of the Holy Spirit so that we can work with Him and not against Him.