1. We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.
    Dismiss Notice

Denominations

Discussion in 'Christian Denominations' started by 2404, Nov 3, 2014.

1. 2404

2404 New Member

Since all denominations are slightly different. Which one is God going to judge his church by?
    What will happen to all the rest since the Word requires us to be perfect?

2. CoreIssue

CoreIssue Administrator Staff Member

Hmmm. Going by what you said in another thread, the Word means a singular person as God operating in offices of Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

The Word is only the Second Person of the Trinity who took on flesh to become Christ. A distinct person from the Father and Holy Spirit, but equal in knowledge, power, etc.

It is important to have terms clearly understood in a discussion. As in here, it says to me you are asking how people look at God, as in being Modal or Trinity. It matters.

God will not judge the Church by any denominational doctrine. He will judge it by his standards, which are laid out in the Bible as to what is required of us. Accepting the Trinity is demanded.

God rejects denominational division. One Church, One Body and One Belief per the Bible is the perfect goal.
    Remember, no denomination of today existed then. It was just believers coming together wherever they lived, recognizing in spirit they were one.

But, here you see the beginning of denominationalism.

God does not require us to live perfect lives. Yes, he wants us to, be he knows we cannot. Paul, in example, makes that crystal clear.

As said before, our spirits become perfect when born-again, but not our flesh. It is a constant war of our two natures, as the Bible states. We can never completely overcome the flesh in this earthly life, ever.

Other than Christ, no human has ever lived a perfect life.

3. Junkers all

Junkers all New Member

Denominations are good because they bring people together for Christ sake Jesus wants unity with out compromising what he teachs in the bible.And denominations are trying to do that..at least some conservative ones are. Jesus prayed for unity in his bible teachings not compromise..or as coservative Lutherans say. we preach and teach Jesus and him crucified for all people.. to know Jesus is to know God. No Jesus no God ..if you dont have Jesus you dont have or even can begin to know God. The scriptures were handed down to us by God by way of people in Denominations. Can a person be saved out side of denominations of course .denomination came about to teach bible truths like how God savez us through Jesus merits his perfect work alone. Denominations are just made up of people we sin just like every one else and need Jesus just as badly as every one else.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
  4. CoreIssue

Problem is denominations do compromise and do not agree is taught int he Bible. Paul condemned denominationalism because it is divisive.

Most people just want someone to tell them what to believe. That is sad.

jeager106 likes this.
  5. Junkers all

Junkers all New Member

People twist scripture acording to their pleasure . Paul has also been accused of a lot of things besides just being against denominationhe has been accused of being against women being against marrage and they all use various passages to back up their claims. . Paul was not teaching any thing new here he was teaching what always is taught in the commandments though shall have no other Gods before me.. God himself was crucified for us on that cross.scripture interpets scripture not some one with a axe to grind against being a member of a denomination . One fellow used that same verse you used to tell me god was against human names for his church . Then why did God call his first church after the man israel ..

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
  6. Junkers all

Junkers all New Member

Jesus truths are divisive they divide sheep from goats . Paul was not against gods word dividing the sheep from goats.

7. CoreIssue

Agree. But, at the same time there are sheep adhering to false doctrines.

We are commanded to rebuke and correct error. Denominations shield against correction. They discourage discussion, research and challenge.

Even with cults, who cloak themselves are Christian, they gather together and build walls against truth.

Denominations are walls.

jeager106 likes this.
  8. Junkers all

Junkers all New Member

I know i can never win this debate with you even though i can easly prove confessional Lutheran christian have a thousand times more unity in their churchs on the bible teachings than non denominationals do in their churchs.just reading the book of concord which confessional lutheran christian pastors all subscribe to proves that.You would be hard pressed in your churchs to find pastors who all have u
    nity in what the first book of the bi ble says let alone any other. NO i can never win this debate with you because im lutheran enough to know ....
    ..The man convinced against their will is of the same opinions still. And our churchs have been in existance longer than your so if you really wanted unity you would have joined us. And not started your own.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
  9. CoreIssue

Unity isn't the real issue. Fact and truth are.

Fact is the RCC is far larger than your denomination. I believe the same is true for Mormons as well. Therefore, you need to rethink you position.

Sorry, but I have to point out that you are taking the position that Paul condemned.

1 Corinthians 1

The problem with Denominations is they always present their doctrines, elite, etc as the one and only answer. They never conceded they may the ones who are wrong. They are not willing to to discuss, debate, etc.

That is not following Christ or the Bible. That is following their beliefs.

I check anything and everything I hear against the scriptures, not against a handbook, doctrine, etc. Can you do the same?

10. Junkers all

Junkers all New Member

Your wrong in your thinking when it comes to confessional lutherans .and the roman pope was right when he accused us of having the bibel as our pope. Thats is the only authority in our churches. So you want some one with authority in our denominatian to talk with the pope of your church your nondenomanal pastor. We have no such person the only authorty the synod president seminary proffesor pastor in any of our church bodies has is to speak first and last and quote scripture in between and if the scripture they use is unconvincing every one else in our churchs is free to disreguard what they say.once again this proves you dont know what your talking about.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
  11. Junkers all

Junkers all New Member

Its nondenominational popes that give silly rules and try to back them up with uncomvincing scripture .as if we lutheras
    Would buy into your popish rules and unconvincing scriptures that your popes have come up with.

12. Junkers all

Junkers all New Member

Silly popish rules such as you cant form deninatioms their wrong.some of your church have other you cant drink alchol or you cant babtize babies or you have to use immersion.
    Your popes have a whole bunch of . Unconvincing bible passage they think were dumb enough to buy into for these rules of theirs. At least the Roman pope had a putgatory you could pay your way out of jail your popish rules dont even come with that.. and no i dont want to pay for a indulgence to support nondenominational churchs.so just forget that to.

13. Junkers all

Junkers all New Member

Every thing i said is covered. On the website .. Ten commandments of bible interpeting. Els confirmation by profesBuYsor Roger kovaciny. Including authority in our Lutheran church bodies only scripture has authority and it has to be
    convincing . TEN COMANDMENTS OF BIBLE INTERPETATION ELS CONFIRMATION google it. And learn how to properly interpet scripture. It not hard to learn even kids naturaly interpet scriptures correctly you guys can learn to.

14. CoreIssue

Typical response, instead of addressing the issue with the Bible you throw out false accusations. Claim I believe and support things I actually reject.

Scriptures are to be read literally per word meanings and rules of grammar when written. They must agree with all written in the Bible on a topic. Pretty simple.

Now, with that said, why are you accusing me of getting it wrong? I gave you the passage rejecting denomiationalism.

Like it or not, Confessional Lutheran is a denomination.

Instead of discussing issues you erect walls. One example is the issue of denominations, where I gave you the passage saying you are wrong but instead of a Biblical defense you resorted to denominational arguments to try to get around the passage.

Another is the Rapture, where your denomination teaches Amil but the Bible teaches Pre-Trib.

How about we set aside your denominational doctrines, open our Bibles, and present our cases? Start with passage rejecting denominationalism? Prove me wrong with the Bible.

15. Junkers all

Junkers all New Member

Non denominational pastors and members dont even agree with each other on the bible So discussing any thing formaly would be a futile .as each of your different pastors. With their differing beliefs act as popes of their various congregations. For example your pastors cant even agree what the first chapters of the bible teach some are youmg earth creationists some are dr james dobson type of evolutionits. And Yes were non millianial because the bible teachs that. Non denomination is a word that describes people that cant even agree on the first chapters of the bible so dont exspect solid biblical teachings from them. The bible teachs a unified one denomination of christian people all trusting in christ Jesus as their lord and God.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
  16. CoreIssue

You are preaching, in violation of the board rules.

Where are your verses backing your claims? where is your verses saying, "The bible teaches a unified one denomination..."

That is exactly what Catholicism claims. They declare THEY are to one true Body of Christ. That only they know the truth.

I gave you the passage rejecting denominationalism. You have given a denominational doctrine in answer. I want it from the Bible.

It speaks volumes that you disregard and cannot answer something directly from God's word. That you can only recite human doctrine in response.

Time to prove your case. Just preaching is not allowed here.

17. Junkers all

Junkers all New Member

Sharing the gospel is what you nondenom call preaching.once again this shows you dont know much about the bible at all. The royal priest hood has always declared what God has done has done for all People tell me do you obey God or some human when it comes to sharing Jesus who called us out of darkness into his wonderful light. Yes were going to be one big denomination in heaven the new Jeruslem and there might even be some former nondenom in heaven to. I cant promise you that though because only God knows who are his and who are not. Even satan could quote scripture the quoting of it isnt going to save you its knowing and believing what it says that is important . put on its armour by knowing and believing it. The only thinhg you showed me was that your interpetation of scripture seems to be your nondenom god. As your really proud of it and its your churchs boast rather than Jesus. Thats all you have showed other christians .

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
  18. CoreIssue

Sharing what Gospel? You have yet to post a single verse.

That is the problem with denominationalism. It thinks it speaks for the Bible. It puts itself between the Bible and people, as if it were the Bible.

There is no mention of any denomination in New Jerusalem.

i have posted verses, you have posted none. You are required to discuss and provide proof of claims here. Your doctrine is not proof.

That leaves me with two choices:
    1. Ban you for preaching, not debating and discussing using verse proofs.
    2. Delete all new posts from you until you start posting verses to back you claims.

I will go with number 2 and repost the link to the Bible passage I did before rejecting denominationalism.

I await your verse proofs for your claims.

There were no denominations when this was written. But there were divisions forming that became denominations.

Having differences of views should result in discussion, debate and proving one's case. Not saying my way or you are not a Christian, which is what you are doing.

Yes, we can prove there are cults in Christian clothing out there. Many of them. But, we do that using the Bible, not doctrine.

So, we will continue the discussion once you start posting proofs form the Bible for denominations in contradiction to the passage I posted.

19. CoreIssue

Junkers all, you keep preaching and it is obvious deleting each post is not going to work. So, I have banned you from this thread.

I will restore you when you let me know you are ready to post verse proof responses for the Bible passage I posted.

There is no problem with disagreement on CTZ. There is a problem when you only preach and refuse to offer any verse proofs for you claims.

Up to you.

Up front, do not just try to resume on another thread. That will get you banned from the site, which I do not want to do.

20. CoreIssue

Junkers continue attacks, etc, and has been banned.

I think he wanted to be banned since he could not respond with Biblical defenses for his claims. Deleting posts and warnings did not persuade him to change.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016