• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Denominational Positions of Homosexuality

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
It is another sign of the End Times that so many who call themselves Christians do not take the Biblical position homosexuality is a sin.

I think it also ties into the Bible being opposed to denominationalism. Clearly stated we are not to be divided because division entrenches people in doctrine, not Bible discussion and study..

CTZonEdit

Site Administrator
Staff member
I'm still on the edge about this.
If professing believers now believe that homosexuality is no longer a sin are they to still be treated as brothers and sisters in Christ?
I believe they are deceived and now willingly deny the revealed truth which places them outside the Church. They are to be treated as non-believers.
But like I said I'm still on the fence here.

The reality is they are professing another Christ. A Christ that believes homosexuality is OK and that SSM is OK.
Show me that Christ in the bible, and don't just tell me Christ is all about forgiveness and love and non-judgemental, etc.

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
It depends on whether they acknowledge it is sin and they are sinning or if they defend being homosexual and say it is not a sin.

The examples in the Bible are quite clear. Acceptance of sins like homosexuality says they are to be excluded. It says let Satan slay the body to save their spirit.

God will judge if they were born-again or not. It is out of our hands for the sake of other Christians who are weak.

CTZonEdit

Site Administrator
Staff member
I see more and more "Christians" now defending homosexuality and see no problem with it. Especially since the SCOTUS ruling. In their minds its over.

I've heard "Its not hurting anyone who they choose to have sex with, besides its about love. Don't judge who they choose to love. God loves everyone"

Jessie

Pro Poster
this is on another topic but with the last comment I think it applies,
people are commiting adultery and fornification off the charts no discrection at all, one right after another,
and yet still think they are christians.

they all have a making of their own god not the one in scripture, not realizing eternal consequences.

CTZonEdit

Site Administrator
Staff member
this is on another topic but with the last comment I think it applies,
people are commiting adultery and fornification off the charts no discrection at all, one right after another,
and yet still think they are christians.

they all have a making of their own god not the one in scripture, not realizing eternal consequences.

I agree that these sins are condemned in the same way homosexuality is but you don't have professing adulterers being all proud and accepted before the church and or people standing before the congregation claiming they are proud to be active fornicators and them being accepted. If they are caught they are told to stop or get help and I seriously doubt they would profess this before a congregation or a group of believers without a consequence.

If you try to do that with homosexuals you are labeled a judgmental bigot and its no longer acceptable for homosexuals to go get treatment for their gender or sexual confusions. Its considered mental abuse.