• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Curious. Your thoughts appreciated.

jeager106

Getting Started
There at at least 33,000 denominations of the "Christian" religion.
ALL READING THE SAME BOOK!

One wonders why is that?

Methinks man has corrupted the Bible and the minds of worshiping believers
that DO NOT read the Bible.
Letting a clergyman read Scripture is like letting someone else eat your
meals.

Islam: There are NO denominations of Muslims.
There ARE some differences but nothing even close to 33,000 different
denominations, sects, etc.
Jehovah's Witnesses preach "the Truth" as though only J.W.s know the
truth about Christian things spiritual.
Westboro Baptists preach "God hates fags".
Really?
Once J.W's shunned blood transfusions and organ transplants.
J.W.'s still preach sexual preference can be a sin.
Recently the "Governing Body" gave permission for these procedures based
on a "matter of individual conscious".
What about all those J.W.'s that died rather than accept organs or blood?
Hummmmmm??????????
So, in your opinion, which denomination is the "right" one?

IF ANY are "right"?

Last edited:

roman8

Advanced Poster
First off JWs are not reading the same book, they have a corrupted man written book. They made changes to suit their preferred doctrine, they are not christians.
That being said there is no one christian denomination that is all truth. they occurred because of man not because of God. there are actually very few christian churches that preach truth anymore.

John logan

Getting Started
When the deciples found a man not associated directly with them preaching and healing in gods name they told him to stop Jesus told them not to prohibit this

Mickeylittle

Not to be simplistic but Paul said he would preach Christ and Him crucified. To me that is the key to where we all must start, kind of that solid rock foundation that we must build our lives on if we want it to be purposeful and pleasing to God. I think the scriptures tell us that when we are guilty of building with wood, hay and straw those things will be burned up when tested by fire as seen in 1Cor 3:11-12. So it is very easy in this life to get sidetracked rather than focusing on what and who God has called us to be.

Mickeylittle

The Bible condemns division in the Body. Denominations are division.

Well then what is the one and only true Christian faith????

There are at least 33,000 Christian denominations all reading the same book.
Pick the "right" one.

Boy if it was only that easy. Matthew 7:21-23
21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’
The New International Version. (2011).

So basically we see that many people think they are saved or Christians and they really aren't. This isn't me saying this, this is the Bible speaking. I believe it is based on a person's decision to accept Jesus as Lord and Savior. Ha, probably most people want a savior (go to heaven) but few want a Lord (be the boss).

So there may be 33000 Christian denominations but that doesn't mean that they're all they're cracked up to be and if they are a billion people claiming to be Christian maybe only 200,000 really are. Just guessing folks and trying to make a point that you can't take any total number given at face value. Especially in light of Matt 7:21-23 as these aren't what I'd call back row Baptist or pew sitters. These are people who were busy doing what appears to be good and great things for God. But notice a key word to me is the word "never." Jesus doesn't say I used to know you meaning you were saved but not anymore, no He says that He never knew them meaning they never were saved!

This is a deep set of verses and any translation you look at uses the word "never" so to me the problem is one's heart and no matter how hard I try to force myself to believe in God if I don't believe I just don't believe! I can walk an aisle, say a prayer, get dunked in the water, give my money, become a priest, etc.

Sorry for preaching but this is my passion, hence my avatar.

Mickeylittle

I totally agree CoreIssue but we have them don't we and part of what I was trying to say in my post above is 3 things:
1) not all these denominations are based on God's Word (the majority probably aren't or they pick and choose bits and pieces)
2) even the ones that do believe in the inerrancy of the Word of God are have members that are not children of God (Matthew 7:21-23)
3) however it is our job to preach the gospel in love to a lost and dying world (Matthew 28:18-20)

Even in my local congregation of 300 on Sunday mornings. We have some who don't seem to have a spiritual bone in their body even though they've come to this church for 30 years and others who appear to be babes in Christ even though they should be leaders as we can see in 1 Corinthians 3:2

2 I gave you milk, not solid food, for you were not yet ready for it. Indeed, you are still not ready.
The New International Version. (2011). (1 Co 3:2).

We must find these people and be the salt and light that God has called us to be.

John logan

Getting Started
Jesus died for all who are called and except. Even church members sin,remember Paul's letters. We must view all with love. We must call sin sin and we must be accuarte.

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
This with denominations, all of them, is they erect doctrinal walls between each other. No matter how closely they follow the Bible. there is still division.

If one is truly following Christ identifying by denomination is a non starter.

Yes, we are to correct, rebuke and teach. But denominations just are not into discussion and debate to seek truth.

Last edited:

Willy

Pro Poster
In the midst of all the denominations and throughout the world, God by the Holy Spirit is still tapping people on the shoulder and convincing them of their sin through preaching of the Gospel, reading of God's Word, prayer, etc. If a person acknowledges their deserved lost state, God will, at a time of His choosing, reveal His Son's death for that person on Calvary's Cross. You will also know exactly who was on that Cross.

That is the recipe, and that is the order in which it happens. To accept that death on your behalf instantly translates you from being dead in sin to being alive in Christ and puts you in the fold as an heir. Instantly you are known by God. You are clean where a moment before you were defiled by sin. Because you are clean, a Holy God can now have fellowship with you and raise you as a child. It is all the work of God. There is no other way to be saved.

All children are stubborn and need to be disciplined but they are still children and heirs through Christ. Some, their works will be burnt but they will still be saved by fire.

That is the distinction between the religious man made factions of Christendom and the saving power of God. One is head knowledge. The other is the reality of God working in His creation.

:cross: