• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Crush, dreams, feelings.

John jowns

Hello everybody. Although you will address me as john, that is not my name.
I am teenager who has a crush on a girl (name disclosed) and as far as I can tell, she's has neutral feelings towards me.
I respect that, in not going to try and show her she should choose me over other guys she knows.
Both her family and my family are very close, my parents have known her parents before they were married.
Both she and I have the same religion (Christian) as do are parents, I'm two year older then her, she perfect in every way-and so on.

Why am I posting here? Well.
After fully meeting her near two years back (didn't remember her as a little kid) I formed a crush on her. I would find ways during the night to communicate with her via skype, or anything that I could.
After awhile, we didn't message each other as much, until we met again for a get together. Days after, I would dream about her. It wasn't completely about her persay, but she was there, and my heart pumped with excitement of her presence. Note, none of these dreams were lust driven. I would not allow myself to dream like that.

Last night, I dreamt she was here, and that we were having a get together with out families. She stayed over, and then left. When I awoke, my heart was heavy-very heavy. It was like nothing I had ever felt before. I was sad, emotional, and just blah the rest of the morning.
I've spoken to my friends about this crush, and they've said, and I agree, "If God wants you two to be together, then it will happen on his watch, not yours." Or something along these lines.

I've accepted the fact that God is in control of all of this, but why torment me with these dreams? I've asked that he removed her from my mind, and he does. Then we meet again-and all I can see is her beauty, her family, how she smiles and her kindness. And then the dreams start up again.

So what would you guys say?

Any, and all comments would be appreciated.

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
Well, the fact you say you are a teenager and she is 2 years younger right off the bat says too young to be looking at anything long term and committed. If fact be careful it become nothing more than friends, close or not, at this time.

In the future it may, or may not, become something more.

As for the dreams, it isn't God giving them to you. It is you.

I am not criticizing or anything, all of this is very normal. But I am saying stay wise about it all.

Easy for me to say, I agree. But, having been there, I know it is not easy for you.

John jowns

Well, the fact you say you are a teenager and she is 2 years younger right off the bat says too young to be looking at anything long term and committed. If fact be careful it become nothing more than friends, close or not, at this time.

In the future it may, or may not, become something more.

As for the dreams, it isn't God giving them to you. It is you.

I am not criticizing or anything, all of this is very normal. But I am saying stay wise about it all.

Easy for me to say, I agree. But, having been there, I know it is not easy for you.

I'm not looking for anything long term at all. My family doesn't date, we court. And I know my dad, if I brought this to him, would not let me court because I'm too young. As for being careful about it becoming something more; I don't want to ruin my families relationship with hers over some stupid impulse (and I understand what you mean) she isn't like that, nor am I.
I'm 17, she's 15.

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
Interesting, considering I didn't bring up either dating or courting.

My point was even friendship can slip into something more personal. Whether intended or not, we remain human.

Regardless of what you think, you have described feelings that go beyond mere friendship.

That is why I said take care.