• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Christ's Church

Matthew 16:17 & 18
17. And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
18. And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Thoughts on what Jesus is saying here...?

(New here - so please excuse if this has just recently been addressed)
Thank you

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
Peter recognized who Christ was.

Contrary to what Catholics claim, it does not say the Church was built on Peter. It says it is built on Christ.

Peter is Petros in the Greek, meaning a stone. "upon this rock" is Petra, meaning rock. Christ is the rock. Every reference to Christ in the NT using this language is Petra, never Petros. Every reference to the Church is built on Petra, never Petros.

Amen
Revelation - I like the example of the woman at the well, when she heard she received where in contrast the Pharisees called it the devil.
To me revelation implies progression.
I believe we live in a difficult and yet glorious hour. Closing in on the catching away. I believe the bride is being made ready by the dressing of the Word. I believe that which went into the ground has come up and is about ripe, drawing close to the harvest...