• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

any ideas?

Jessie

Pro Poster
with rent and home prices absolutely out of control, what will be the outcome of this?
Im hearing this year its to increase at least another 8 percent.

I have NEVER seen such greed and I know it will get worse.

Jessie

Pro Poster
then I would assume it must be very close, this is not only in the country seems to be in other countries as well.
normal wages will not cover these prices and I mean NOTHING is left.
we know of folks who have lost their homes sold out from under them
this is insanity.

roman8

Advanced Poster
In Canada house prices range depending on location. Im sure its the same in the US. owning a home in the cities are beyond reach for most, but that is where the jobs are. Homes are less in rural areas , but no jobs, the utilities are ridiculous and you have the added expense of having to drive everywhere, so gas and wear and tear on your vehicle. If the Lord tarries not sure what my son will be able to afford. But the Lord knows and he will provide what is needed.

Jessie

Pro Poster
here 40 hour week jobs are pretty much out of the question for most. they dont want to pay "benefits" and then make sure hours are all over the place so one can not have another job.
people are moving out here from all over the place (states and other countrys)
homes in rural areas are as almost as high as the city and some are that high.
no common sense in it all a 1 bedrm cost as much as a 2 bedrm sometimes more.
dil's mom just had her house sold out from under her.

I just shake me head surely those who own these places should know whats going to happen in time.
then the mess wont be able to be fixed.

things are stretched tight out here people are flipping out more in public which was rare even a couple years ago

John logan

Getting Started
We can Allan Greenspan for this I order to keep the economy from adjusting he keep lowering the interest rate. People living off their savings interest had to buy stock and bonds which worked for a while but has failed now gonna bankrupting everyone the stock market used to float along at 1000. Now look at it its a pyrimide that going to fail when there's no new money coming in people are buying stuff always higher but ogre ally worth more best to not owe anything right now. Savings acc rate should be 5% mortared at 10% everyone would make money. Now the country is so far in debt there is no answer. Time for the ac

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
No interest rate for older people on pensions, etc, is a disaster. I takes years to build accounts on on a few to empty them.

Then what?

John logan

Getting Started
I think they move in with me as of old. Lucky enough to have a little room for an animal or 2 and a big garden. Plenty folks aren't so lucky. Pray with out ceasing

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
I believe God has blessed the US over time. But, to put it on the same level as Israel is going overboard, I think.

Israel is unique on God's plans. They have been blessed and punished differently than any other country.

John logan

Getting Started
I was making no attempt at equating the US with Israel. I just thought we were blessed and that God has protected us through out our histry.

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
It came across as equating in some form with what you said about Psalm.

I agree we have been blessed in the past. But sure am not seeing it now.

Jessie

Pro Poster
problem is the people know NOTHING of repentence for the most part.
they think so many different things of nonsense its unreal,
like if one says they are saved the are, (no repentence needed) only if its confessed outta the mouth.
no fear of God.
reminds me of a movie I saw people partying on top of a bldg when the aliens were coming (thinking they were friends)
to only find out they were there to destroy them, thats the stupidity today.

John logan

Getting Started
This morning I was listening to a Bro Olaugh on the radio,he expounded that gods ot laws hadn't changed. I am of the belief that we are not bound by the definition of unclean foods. I feel this way by Pauls vision of the sheet and told to kill and eat. I also know it's referring to Gentiles and the gospel.

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
There are 3 areas of Mosaic Law; government, ceremonial and social. The Ten Commandments are not part of Mosaic Law.

Governmental and ceremonial were exclusive upon Israel as part of Mosaic Law. They were annulled by Christ via his blood. There purposes were fulfilled.

Food was part of the Ceremonial and as Paul stated in Romans 14 all food is clean in and of itself. How someone personally feels about it, spiritually speaking, is something else.

Nor was what he said limited to Gentiles in the NT. In the OT Gentiles were never under Mosaic Law.

What Paul said applies to all in the Church.

Same with circumcision. Jews in the Church are Christians and are not bound by OT ways.

But, with that said, the social law still have meaning for us. As Christ says, the purpose of the Law must be fulfilled to no longer apply. So murder, sex sin, etc, is still there, still condemned in the NT and was never fulfilled or annulled.

We must exercise discernment and remember the Law of Conscience is still in full force. Murder, etc violates this Law as well.