• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

another question

Jessie

Pro Poster
I know the book of enoch is not in our cannon of scripture because it is gnostic,

I need it broke down for someone to understand. they keep referencing it.
thanks!

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
Here is the book and here is some data.

Enoch is referenced in Genesis as being a Godly man who was taken to Heaven alive, as was Elijah.

I believe Enoch and Elijah are the Two Witnesses, as no other two have every been taken and they both die at Mid-Trib.

There is a lot in it that contradicts the Bible. In example, an supposed angel named Phanuel is put in charge of repentance and salvation. Christ is in charge.

I am not sure what else you are looking for.

Jessie

Pro Poster
its a start! thanks.
any other contridictions you all can point out the better! if time allows.

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
Will do. A quick one is angels having sex with women in and causing the Nephilim.

Nephilim means giant. The Nehilim before the Flood died out in the Flood. Goliath and his tribe were Nephilim,

Plus the simple fact angels cannot reproduce as they are not male or even flesh. Plus, if they were male then there would be female angels and baby angels.

Linguist do not accept the translation of the verses to claim this idea.

Last edited:

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
While I am not going to vouch for the source of some of the claims against the Book of Enoch, where it cites passages, they are still usable in that context.

Here is one.

Also remember, Jude never said Enoch wrote any book. He said, "14 Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about them: “See, the Lord is coming with thousands upon thousands of his holy ones 15 to judge everyone, and to convict all of them of all the ungodly acts they have committed in their ungodliness, and of all the defiant words ungodly sinners have spoken against him.”[e] 16 These people are grumblers and faultfinders; they follow their own evil desires; they boast about themselves and flatter others for their own advantage.

Big difference.

There were a lot of prophets in the OT. The only ones God inspired to write are in the Bible.

clark thompson

Advanced Poster
Enoch was not gnostic but was before all the gnostic movement but the best way would to read it but make sure you are in prayer with your bible next to you as you do it uses scriptures in the book, Jude for example.

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
I agree with clark it is not Gnostic, by definition. But, with that said, it definitely fits with more ancient esoteric religions and groups out of which Gnosticism was created.

I do have to differ somewhat, though. The Book of Enoch was created over a 300 year time period, 100BC to 300.AD. So, while not Gnostic, it does contain some Gnosticism.

Such as the quote from Jude, above, was written after Jude wrote his book.

All things should be read and studied prayerfully, I fully agree. Understanding the Enemy helps in defeating him.

This might help.

Jessie

Pro Poster
thank you! this is a fantastic start.
right now have not had much time to just go thru it and read and compare.