• We strive to be a place where there can be honest discussion, debate and fellowship. The rules are few so you can speak your mind. We know we are living in tough times and we hope to share answers and help with each other. Please join us.

Alter2Ego's Response to False Doctrines and Religions

darren lee

First of all, please do not lecture me. If you read the rules courteous discussion and debate are required.

Yes, I remember you. You are a Jehovah Witness.

Genesis 1
1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth...
26 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness,...
The Hebrew word for God is Elohim. El is singular and Elohim is plural. When used with singular adjectives, etc, it means a uniplural, more than one acting together as one. When used with plurals it means gods, not God.

All references to pagan gods use plurals. All reference to God uses singulars.

In verse 26 "us" and "our" are plurals.

In Genesis 18 you see one Lord, 3 people appearing to Abram, Abram speaking to the as the singular Lord with all three of them answering him as one. The Hebrew for Lord is Jehovah or Yahweh, then name/title of God. So, again, Trinity.

In Mathew 28 you see:
16 Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17 When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. 18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
"In the name of means personage, name, title and rank.

You also see, in the NT, Christ saying to see him is to see the Father and the Holy Spirit will come in his place on the earth. And in the above verse, the Apostles worshiped him as God. So, again Trinity.
John 1
New International Version (NIV)
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning.
Before time began the Logos, the reason behind all, was both God and with God. The Second Person is God and was with the First and Second Persons. Separately and together they are God.
14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

The linguistics prove Trinity. Genesis proves they are three individual persons of equality and unity.
We have both had our say and strongly disagree, so leave it up to others to decide for themselves.

Constantly repeating your statements proves nothing. Especially when I have posted proofs to the contrary from linguistic sites, etc.

You post so-called proofs but misrepresent what that are saying. Or give proofs that are easily proven false.

Even more so when you make claims, such as -im is used for pagan gods, but cannot provide a single god with -im in their name.

darren lee

sorry for my lack of online issues. im learning. why are all trying to out do each other? is this not a site to discuss
gods love for us?

darren lee

We see it all around us. Christian Cults, Denominational Doctrines contradicting the Bible, elevation of people to being gods, focus on money, not Christ, sexual sin by preachers, praying for $62 million jet planes and so much more.

CoreIssue:

I have been gone from this forum for a couple years.

I find it interesting that you would raise the issue of "doctrines contradicting the Bible," considering your Statement of Faith in which Christendom's most contradictory doctrine--the Trinity-- is heartily embraced by you. In fact, you commented in your "cult" thread that any Christian who does not accept that God is a Trinity is to be considered a member of a cult. Never mind that there is not one single verse of scripture in Jehovah's inspired word, the Judeo-Christian Bible, in support of the man-made tradition of a 3-in-1 god.

If you would like to discuss Trinity (or any other controversial topics), do not hesitate to present three or four (3 or 4) scriptural quotations from the Judeo-Christian Bible that you think support "Trinity". Of course that is with the understanding that you are willing to reason on the Scriptures and there will be no personal attacks and insults from you.

We can either discuss controversial topics respectfully, using the Judeo-Christian Bible as the authority, or else we will not discuss them at all.

Alter2Ego

Last edited by a moderator:

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
I am discussing it respectfully.

The Trinity is solidly Bible. The Jehovah Witness group didn't exist until 1870. The NTW until 1950 and has been rewritten several times

The NWT has been rewritten server times.

A topic on the NWT already exists. So keeping any such discussion together is best for future readers.
NWT

Matthias

Advanced Poster
Alter2Ego,

Welcome back.

Is Jesus Christ God?

Maybe I’ve overlooked it but I didn’t see a response from her to this question.

If I were asked the question I would respond that Jesus Christ, the Son of God, is God functionally, not literally.

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
Alter2Ego,

Welcome back.

Is Jesus Christ God?

If I were asked the question I would respond that Jesus Christ, the Son of God, is God functionally, not literally.
that was meaningless.

hypostatic union of christ at DuckDuckGo

we have flesh, souls and spirits. flesh is physical, spirits within our flesh and souls the interface of the two.

Jesus died, God cannot. his flesh was human and his spirit GOD. John 1.

Matthias

Advanced Poster
Alter2Ego,

Welcome back.

Is Jesus Christ God?

that was meaningless.

I expressed a well-known biblical hermeneutic. Therefore, it has meaning. Why then do you say it’s meaningless?

hypostatic union of christ at DuckDuckGo

we have flesh, souls and spirits. flesh is physical, spirits within our flesh and souls the interface of the two.

Jesus died, God cannot. his flesh was human and his spirit GOD. John 1.

Council of Chalcedon, AD 451.

Matthias

Advanced Poster
Trinitarian concession ~> God cannot die.

Trinitarian narrative -> God died [for your sins.]

Parting of the ways -> God cannot die and did not die [for anyone or anything.]

CoreIssue

Administrator
Staff member
it is not a catholic invention.

Jesus always existed in Gods plan, but not as a human until the incarnation. when prophesied in absolute terms it is declared as if already there.

Matthias

Advanced Poster
it is not a catholic invention.

The great value of reading/ studying Church history is in discovering how we got where we are today. The Hypostatic Union doctrine appeared in place and time at the Council of Chalcedon in AD 451. Virtually all trinitarian sources recognize and readily acknowledge it. That, in and of itself, doesn’t make the doctrine true or false.

Jesus always existed in Gods plan, but not as a human until the incarnation. when prophesied in absolute terms it is declared as if already there.

I will agree with you as often as I can. It is a central tenet of my non-trinitarian doctrine that Jesus always existed in God’s plan (that’s known as ideal, or notional, preexistence) and when prophesied in absolute terms he is declared as if already there (which is the statement of God’s foreknowledge).